Power Equipment Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys newbie here looking for advice.
Purchased this Speedco 22 ton 2 years ago and it has run great the past 2 seasons. It has split 10 cords in that time frame, mostly Tamrack and Red fir.
I have changed the engine oil and hydro filter before last seasons splitting.
This season I checked out fluids and filled hydro to almost the top of the dip stick full mark.
Well it fired up on 1st pull and ran the ram in and out empty a couple of times with no problems. After quartering the first log it started making a squealing sound and the ram stopped half way back. Now it just does nothing forward or reverse.
Does this sound like the pump is gone and if so any good places to order a replacement.
This splitter is kept inside the barn when not in use but it is frozen for 5 months of the year. Should I have winterized the pump for winters?
Sorry so long and thanks in advance for any advice you can share.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thanks for all the advice :rolleyes:
It appears to be the rubber spider part between the two jaw coupler's between the engine shaft and pump shaft. It has a a tear in it and looks pretty beat up with gouges. Clearly the engine shaft would turn with spark plug remove and the pump shaft would just set there. Lots of graphite type material on the hands so I suppose it's been wearing for a while. Want to order both coupler's and the rubber spider part.
PITA getting the pump off without removing the engine. Engine is coming off tomorrow to make installing the pump easier.
Anyway if anyone knows, where do you order Speeco parts from? I googled it but can't find the parts.
Thanks again for any info on parts and hope someone down the raod with the same problem can learn from this shortest thread on earth :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts