Power Equipment Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow. Haven't bought Ring-Free in quite a while as I had stocked up last purchase. Price has gone up considerably. I'm considering trying to McGyver a batch of it instead of selling a kidney. Here is the label. Can these components be purchased retail without a surprise visit from the ATF or the FDA?
Green Font Poster Natural landscape Terrestrial plant

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
Wow. Haven't bought Ring-Free in quite a while as I had stocked up last purchase. Price has gone up considerably. I'm considering trying to McGyver a batch of it instead of selling a kidney. Here is the label. Can these components be purchased retail without a surprise visit from the ATF or the FDA?
View attachment 10246
All the yamalube stuff is pricy. Good stuff though. I found eBay to have the best deals, buy a few bottles and save on the shipping.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks! Yes, it is cheaper there, but still $47, for 32 ounces? It's expensive, even still. Found the MSDS sheet. Link: https://www.marineengineparts.com/media/wysiwyg/msds/ACC-RNGFR-PL-12.pdf
I know this much: I ran it in every boat motor I had since the late 80's. I did not run it in my 2005 Mercury 90. In 2017 I broke a ring, gouged a cylinder. Rebuilt powerhead was $3700 installed. I do not crank it now without Rig Free in it. But DAdoubleM. My Briggs V-twin on the Exmark needs a twelve step program for it. It carbons up quick without it. Hence, entertaining making my own, but only after adequate research. Anyone know anything about PEA additive?

·
Registered
115 Posts

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
yea all of that stuff is harsh chems...
and cancer causing as well....
and like you said is cheaper than an engine rebuild!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ordered some Techron to see how close it is to Ring Free.

Reactions: iowagold
1 - 6 of 6 Posts