Power Equipment Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
more winter storms on the way today 01/14/2022
getting things ready for another blast...
we are to get 5-11 inches of white today....
the wind might make it tricky at best!

already for the winter event...
at least as much as we can be!

stay safe out there!

·
Registered
19 Posts
more winter storms on the way today 01/14/2022
getting things ready for another blast...
we are to get 5-11 inches of white today....
the wind might make it tricky at best!

already for the winter event...
at least as much as we can be!

stay safe out there!
In my neck of the woods (southeastern MA) we are expecting 50+mph winds tonight, c-o-l-d temps tomorrow, and a rain/snow/wind storm on Monday.
This a.m. I'm gonna take my gens "for their monthly walk" (aka: run them a bit) and top-off my fuel can.
We've had more than a few wind storms the past couple of months.
Yup, time to "hunker down".

·
Registered
385 Posts
Haha, don’t rub it in. We’re expecting extremely cold temperatures over the weekend with heavy snow and high winds predicted for late Sunday into Monday. Ontario Canada between Toronto and Ottawa. I’ll exercise my generators today, hookup my snowblower to my tractor and get as much sleep as possible to be ready to run the Hwys with the Snowplow. Oh, I’ve got lotsa firewood to keep the fires going too…😬

·
Registered
253 Posts
Similar to Swamp in the bayou, here in this Big Thicket hardwood creek bottom I got up this morning and, like yesterday, put on shorts. For the first time ever, I had junebugs buzzing my outdoor light a couple of nights ago. Junebugs. In January. Go figger'. Considering what you guys will experience in the coming days I have never been so happy to be a scrub watching from the sidelines. Y'all stay safe and warm.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Haha, don’t rub it in. We’re expecting extremely cold temperatures over the weekend with heavy snow and high winds predicted for late Sunday into Monday. Ontario Canada between Toronto and Ottawa. I’ll exercise my generators today, hookup my snowblower to my tractor and get as much sleep as possible to be ready to run the Hwys with the Snowplow. Oh, I’ve got lotsa firewood to keep the fires going too…😬
It seems like a winter outage would be easier to manage than the summer ones we get. But, of course, I'm not factoring in things like ice and snow, which is very rare where the Swamp People live. I grew up close to where that show is filmed, btw. In case you were wondering, yes. It's a little over the top on occasion.

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
Finally a good blast of snow for the north east. I’m excited. Snowblowers are fun for me.

I have a new project st1032 snowblower, to put through it’s paces. And I can see how my post winter improvements to my snapper1030 do. And the beastly HSS1328 is always a joy.

Of course a power outage is always welcome. 🙂

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have to cut my grass this weekend. And it's supposed to get down in the 50s in the morning, a couple days next week. Does that count? :sneaky:

·
Registered
83 Posts
If the forecast holds it should be good! Might finally get to use my snowblower.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
155 Posts
What are these negative numbers of which you speak?! And more of this white stuff on the ground! And your trees have no leaves! What sorcery is this! I've heard tales of such places but dismissed them as myths and legends...

·
Registered
385 Posts
Actually my friend, if you’ve never experienced winter, you don’t know what you’re missing!! It’s not my favourite time of year, but the air is cold and crisp, no bugs or snakes or alligators, and with a woodstove to come home to, quite bearable. However by March it starts to get old…but the sun also starts to share it’s warmth. 😉

·
Registered
155 Posts
Sorry, my little rant sounded funny in my head. I actually lived up north for the first 30 years of my life. Even spent 3 years in Canada just outside of Toronto. Worked outside in short sleeved shirts in the winter. But now in SW Florida my blood has thinned A LOT. I feel like putting on a sweatshirt just reading some of you guys posts, and it's 72 degrees right now.

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
Sorry, my little rant sounded funny in my head. I actually lived up north for the first 30 years of my life. Even spent 3 years in Canada just outside of Toronto. Worked outside in short sleeved shirts in the winter. But now in SW Florida my blood has thinned A LOT. I feel like putting on a sweatshirt just reading some of you guys posts, and it's 72 degrees right now.
lol. We all go through the same acclimation period every fall to winter. Some better then others.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Used to live in Oswego, NY, right on Lake Ontario. Thunder snow, Lake effect blizzards, frozen fog, the list goes on, and I don't miss it. Now, back home in Southern Ohio, 3-5" snow predicted which is almost nice.

·
Registered
83 Posts
It's not the cold or the snow that's hard. It's the -30 to +6 and back again all in two days. It's madness.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well we got 6-12 inches of heavy snow here depending on the exact location.
cold tonight 6 above F.
at least the power stayed on so far!

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
now we are in the deep freeze.......
at least for a week or more
going to be cold the next few days again...
below zero nights and dangerous wind chill...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts