Power Equipment Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few days ago my son-in-law started his older Craftsman lawn tractor after a period of a couple of weeks lay up. It did a lot of thrashing and banging before he could get it shut down. On inspection he discovered an industrious mouse had decided that the ideal homestead would be under the flywheel cowling. Needless to say, the mouse no longer resides there, nor will that one be a problem in the future. Which leads me to my question; does anybody have any suggestions for keeping these varmints out of places like this?

Alex

·
Premium Member
611 Posts
I have thankfully never had that problem but I have heard that mothballs placed near the engine will make them stay away not sure how true it is though

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mice

I have thankfully never had that problem but I have heard that mothballs placed near the engine will make them stay away not sure how true it is though

Moths balls just might work. I managed a historic site for 30 years and the guy that was there before me used to use them in the attic in an attempt to keep bats out. they didn't work for him, but on a hot day you'd get high as a kite up there. It's worth a try.
thanks
Alex

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm just a little bit nervous about the rodent bait. There's a 2 year old living there who loves to get into stuff and I'd hate to see her get tangled up with that stuff. I don't think that she'd bother the moth balls but the rat bait? Who knows? It's only happened once and may never happen again, but right now we're looking at options.
Thanks
Alex

1 - 6 of 6 Posts