Power Equipment Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I have read a lot of things that may be wrong with my pressure washer and most of it pertains to gas pressure washers.

I have a cheap weekender electric pressure washer that I've had for about 5 years.

Very little use on it. Brought it out a few times a year. Worked great for the small amount of things I use it for.

A couple days ago I was using it and it went from acting like a pressure washer to acting like a garden hose type of pressure.

I know, don't buy cheap stuff but at the time it was a spur-of-the-moment purchase. I wasn't looking for a pressure washer when I bought it.

In any case:

I checked the filters and had a spare wand laying around but no difference in pressure.

While the wand-outlet hose was disconnected I tried to "burp" it if there was an air bubble. No change in pressure.

The motor sounds the same as it did before it quit blowing hard but the pressure is not high anymore.

The thing only cost something like $100 when new but if I don't have to go get another one, I'd prefer to nurse it back to health.

I now live far enough away from a store to by another pressure washer that it would cost at least $50 in gas to get there and back. I only have to use it for about 30 minutes to complete what I was doing.

I was wondering if I could try a few tricks to get it working again before making the trip to town.

Thanks

1 - 1 of 1 Posts