Power Equipment Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
I looked at the Vulcan, with sleeve $14.17, Penwag is $11.95 bare. I chose the bare. Price for Vulcan is from Amazon.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
@jkingrph Can you chime back with how it fits through the eu2000 handle? It looks like for $3-4 bucks a chafe sleeve can be ordered with the chain. Good stuff.
you also can get the hydraulic hose nylon sleeve that would help!
any good tractor store have that by the foot.
let me know if you need links on that.
we use it for fuel lines as well for rough service.

·
Registered
188 Posts
you also can get the hydraulic hose nylon sleeve that would help!
any good tractor store have that by the foot.
let me know if you need links on that.
we use it for fuel lines as well for rough service.
Would appreciate the links. As an old retired pharmacist I don't know a lot about what is available along these lines.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
when it arrives drop the chain in some pipe opening so we can get a good close fit dia on it.
dwv pipe works well to measure the chain dia for sleeve.
that new chain size looks interesting for sure.
it would be cool to see if a 24 inch bolt cutter would cleave it.
we use a dewalt 20 volt angle grinder for making chains for the truck load lashing with the sc90 chain.
and with the right high dollar cut disc it slices through it like butter if you are good with tools.
the trick to cutting it is to stretch the chain tight or have the link in vice grips or a vice.
and if doing the bolt cutter be 90 deg of the link with the cutter bit.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I rather figuerd that about cutting it. An angle grinder would be fine and as you say stretch it or have the link you are cutting in a vice. I'm thinking of takig a scrap of cloth and making a piece of sleeve for some measurements when it arrives.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
yea that works!!
we use the pvc pipe for measuring the chain dia..
if the chain fits easy it will pull through with a fish wire or fish tape ok on the sleeve.

·
Registered
188 Posts
My 3/8" Pewag came in this afternoon. I was working out of town this morning, then when I got off made a trip to the rifle range, saved me about 70 miles round trip compared to a special trip over there.

Went out to the shed and tried it on the Honda EU 2000 and it will pass through fairly easily. The link will not stand straight up but I shoved about a foot of chain through rather easily, even had the Honda fabric cover on the Generator and no problem. It's been a long day, and this old man is a little tired, so will put off actually measuring for a sleeve for another day.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts