Power Equipment Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just out of curiosity, are larger inverter type (larger than the EU7000) made for the mass market? If not, is there some sort of technical limitation or does the cost just price it out of the market? Very happy with my EU6500. Powers everything we need (excluding a/c and oven) Just interested.

Thanks,

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
cost is the big thing.
yea write honda and tell them you are interested in a 25kw inverter gen set!
this is the size most would like for home or biz use.

you can parallel 2 of the 7000is units easy!

·
Registered
848 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
After hooking up my new oscilloscope to the predator invertor generator, I would want to scope out any non-honda generator purchase before actually buying. Note my pictures in the other thread.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After hooking up my new oscilloscope to the predator invertor generator, I would want to scope out any non-honda generator purchase before actually buying. Note my pictures in the other thread.
Tabora, thanks for post. It will be interesting to see real world reviews over time as to how these perform. We still don’t see larger inverters in the 10kw+ range. I presume the cost to manufacture prices them out of market relative to conventional unit?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Being a majority of one. I don't think you see larger inverter generators due to lack of demand. Most of us can get through a "typical" outage with 3-5KW. Also, inverter generators do cost more and investing a lot of money into something that will only see occasional use isn't a wise investment.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
yea....
i just stack more honda inverter gens if i need real power...
like i have said before.
for the house in the winter i can get by with 900 watts at 125 vac...
summer 3 gens at the honda eu2200is
or one honda eu7000is gen...
depending on the temps outside...

I am working on maybe doing mini split inverter air con units...
they do more for less power...
still working on that plan for 2022...

I have commercial clients that would buy 25kw inverter gens right now if cat made them!

cost is not an issue for some of these folks...
quiet power is a BIG thing...
as well as fuel.....

right now the tri fuel honda eu7000is units are rocking for them.
and at least they have 3 fuel choices.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Just when I thought I had my sights set on the Champion 100519, I found this thread. That AIMS 6600 Inverter generator is looking really good! I live in suburbia, so the open-frame Champion would have required a dampening cabinet. That costs money & time. OR, I just buy that AIMS generator for a little more and I don't need one. My only question are the guts and engine model. I would still want to try to add a motor snorkel kit to it. Has anyone bought one or contacted the manufacturer before?

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
aims is an interesting new comer.

not sure yet how good the inverter units are...
they look like a yamaha style case. or a westinghouse.

we may try to get one in the service shop and put it through the paces of the HARD TESTING.
yea we can load it hard a heat and cold test the units now.

the inverter tech is now old enough for the first batch of patents to run out...
and they could to have back door engineered a couple of the name brands in china!

it would be real easy to sneak out an inverter unit out of on of the mfg plants before it is potted!

if they over built the stator with better tech. they could have a leg up!

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
so is 50 units a full container of them?
and the price is not including shipping....
i bet they only have 500.00 in them at mfg cost per unit. or less.

I would ask for a dealer sample first for evaluation.
then test it hard.
i bet it is not near the power as stated.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts