Power Equipment Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
I'm surprised this one doesn't have a 50A outlet. 68dB is also kind of loud, and the run time at lower loads is much shorter than the Honda.

I would like to see more reviews and real world experiences of the US Carb solution using NG on the EU7000is. This is something I would consider as a mod.
the us carb eu7000is ng gas tri fuel mod works!
i have one here!
and it is on ng!

·
Registered
81 Posts
the us carb eu7000is ng gas tri fuel mod works!
i have one here!
and it is on ng!
Would a 1/2" NG line be enough for the EU7000IS? I have a line in the back of the house that used to feed a gas fireplace insert. It's capped, but I could easily tie into this for the generator. Also, does ECO mode still work well with NG?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Would a 1/2" NG line be enough for the EU7000IS? I have a line in the back of the house that used to feed a gas fireplace insert. It's capped, but I could easily tie into this for the generator. Also, does ECO mode still work well with NG?
The diameter of the NG feed is primarily a function of the BTU demand of the generator AND the distance from the meter. You should provide your plumber with BTU demand of the generator and they should be able to calculate the correct size of the feed taking into consideration distance and fittings.

The USCarb site has some good sizing information.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have both the Champion 100519 and 100520 and both are excellent. The 100520 is 7000 running and electric start while the 100519 is 5000 running and pull start. Neither have wifi connect. I would buy them again in an instant.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts