Power Equipment Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a fairly complex power system consisting of grid, solar a generator (Kohler 20RESCL) and two ATS's, an RXT that came with the 20RESCL that is the primary ATS (grid for normal and solar for emergency) and a Generac RXSC100A3 that provides power from grid or generator to charge the solar batteries when sun energy is unavailable.
What I need to know is how to disable the generator auto-start feature on the RXT without losing the automatic switching functionality when normal (grid) power goes down. The emergency side of the RXT is energized at all times from the solar power inverters/batteries.
The reason is that I want the auto-start to be controlled by my inverter and only turn the generator (terminals 3/4) on when the batteries reach a pre-determined state of discharge and then shut off the generator when fully charged. As it is now, if the grid goes down, the generator is commanded to start by the RXT and remains running until grid power is restored which is a waste of fuel that's very difficult to get delivered, and undeliverable in the winter months.
If more info is needed I can provide it, I just didn't want to make this request too lengthy. I live in a very remote area in NE Washington so I have to do all of this on my own.
Thanks to any and all that can offer assistance. This is the last piece of this complex puzzle and the solution is proving to be very elusive.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
just use another relay in line with the generator call to autostart sense so it will not call for gen run till the solar batteries needs charged.
easy to do.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts