Power Equipment Forum banner

KIPOR 10KVA - Display Output not correct - Kipor - KDE12STA

2K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  iowagold 
#1 ·
Support Assistance Please can you assist? KIPOR 10KVA - Display Output not correct - Kipor - KDE12STA

Please can you help and give me a heads up on what might be wrong…

Kipor - KDE12STA
+++++++++++++

I have a KIPOR 10KVA – Single Phase – 220V – 88hours
The machine runs great. The only problem is the digital display is not correct.
When the ATS is connected – it shows the correct voltage from the mains now and then… but more often the wrong voltage.
But if you read the voltage with a multi meter the voltage is correct at 230V

Digital display not showing the correct voltage from mains .. MOST of the time its sometimes say 169.2

Then other times it shows… correct…

Hence the reason why im so confused…
And maybe this is a simple fix.. eg loose wire or ground or re-calibration or something?

Then the next step it – to check the generator output when its running.
I have tested this with the ATS connected and without the ATS connected.

Then I start up the generator and let it run….
It OUTPUTS the correct Voltage.. eg 231V… to the ATS and also without the ATS connected it outputs 231V on the generator output.

But on the Generator output display it only shows it generating 190V

The Generator only has 88 hours on the clock.

Yes its all “ working “ if I do switches manually on the ats and circuit brakers… manual force by myself….

The main reason why I want this to work properly and output and read the voltage correctly is so that the ATS can work correctly.
Because now the ATS does NOT switch over or if you place it on Auto.. it will just turn the generator to run .. because its reads the incoming volts as 169.2V
When at times it does read 230Vs.. then well it wont just switch on because the mains are producing the 230Vs…

Hence the reason why the ATS does not want to use the switch over to the generator to use its power because its not seeing that its producing a stable 230V but only sees 190V..
So the ATS never uses the power from the genset… but yet if you test the genset…(* when manually switched over ) it produces the voltage…

What is my next step or what will need to replace for this to work correctly?

What comes to mind might be this Controller Module KI-MB(ATS)-C2 … but its expensive.. and worried if I buy this .. and its not that.. then it will be a very expensive exercise..
Is there anything I can do to check this.. or have you had a problem like this in your experience?

Thank you

See less See more
#2 ·
check the fuses and the fuse holders for bad solder.
a partial blow fuse will do that...
or un soldered fuse internal on the fuse.
also look for a bad crimp on a connector...
load the wires with a 100 watt 240 vac light bulb and measure with a meter.

yea check every thing first!!
where it is sometimes working sounds like a bad connection.

kill the power
check the solder on the boards as well....
can be a cold solder joint or a load resistor not soldered well.

take your time!
check every thing!

#4 ·
Thank you for the reply.

It would be a bit of a needle in a haystack to find with my limited knowledge.
Because the input from the mains to the Genset shows 169.2V on the generator... the ATS keeps trying to start the Generator .. because it shows below 220V.
So that means the ATS is OK.. because its reads the "non correct" voltage as to low...

some suggested that i rip everything out and replace it with a Smartgen or Deep Sea controller....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.