Power Equipment Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
5,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iowa bad wx 01/18/2023 ice storm south and 13 inches snow north west iowa.
so far so good here right now it is 33 deg f
all ready if it gets super nasty.

· Registered
455 Posts
My finger's on the trigger too but (knock on wood) seeing the forecast I dont think I'll be pulling it. 5 to 10 mph winds with snow total being 4", so not too bad.
We've had a little freezing rain and/or drizzle the last few days, nothing too extreme thankfully.

· Registered
15 Posts
Seems that "winter" is returning. Just yesterday I was reading an MOT news release concerning road weight restriction being put in place due to the warmer weather, then the weather forecasters started talking about a return of winter, with
"A dual blocking pattern will also assist in reinforcing and spreading the frigid cold much more widespread across Canada and into some of the United States. A building ridge over Alaska and over Greenland will force the cold air south, allowing -20°C and even -30°C temperatures back into the forecast across central Canada."
Guessing we shall see,
btw, while these would be near normal seasonal temps for my part of BC, it looks like we will be sitting on the "edge" of this outflow.
Currently we are sititng at a balmy -1C, but the windchill has us at -9, snowing (6 inches of fresh snow overnight).

· Registered
455 Posts
Lots of heat and humidity.
Ugh. I have a tough time functioning in those conditions any longer. I rate high humidity right up there alongside a freezing rain with a vicious 10 day winter cold snap. (I dont like either...)
We're in the middle of another tropical winter here.
I'm curious, what's your usual temp this time of year LaSwamp?

Altho we're still getting close to our usual winter snow conditions (at my location), I would have to say temps are a coupla degrees warmer than usual and snow accumulation is down roughly a foot for this season. I'm seeing more and more of 20 to 28F daytime highs this year.
The end of January and all of Febuary has always seemed to me to be the coldest time of year. I look forward to and love those warm sunny 50F March days tho!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts