Power Equipment Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a newly bought Huskvarna 135R only used for 50 hours or less, still under warranty.

After pausing 30 min for a break, i almost couldn't pull the cord (a lot of resistance) to restart the engine as if the piston got stuck.

The oil was mixed with the fuel alright.

I removed the muffler, removed the carburator, and still the pull cord (almost) wouldn't move the piston.

But if i remove only the sparkplug and leave in place everything else (carb and muffler), it comebacks to normal and i can pull the cord and freely move the piston.

The sparkplug is in working order.

Here are some pictures from the piston (top to bottom) i took through the exhaust port, which wasn't very dirty. I saw no vertical marks whatsoever.

Automotive lighting Light Bumper Automotive exterior Grille

Material property Bumper Gas Automotive exterior Metal

Gas Auto part Metal Bumper Composite material

I tried to check the interior of the muffler for carbon deposits, but after removing a single screw, it seems the whole thing is riveted shut and i have no clue how to proceed further.

Gas Auto part Nickel Metal Font

Any help for diagnosing the problem ? I would rather see for myself where's the damage before sending it to warranty.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
could to have had vaporlock.
did you try to run after it cooled down?

I would not tear in to it as it is under warranty.
most of the time it will void the warranty if it has been apart.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, i tried to run it many times (it has been left alone for 2 weeks) with no success, unless the sparkplug is removed.

Any idea how to check the interior of the muffler ?

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
just blow through it with a shop vac set to blow.
if it flows it is ok.
you are looking at the cfm on that test.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, but i'm supposed to clean the muffler periodically: how can i do that if it's impossible to get to the filter ?

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
there should be a screen between the head and the muffler
that is what they want cleaned.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, i've just did the VAC test, and the air is definitely flowing alright through the muffler (not unexpected, since it's only been used for 50 hours or less).

So i'm back to square one.

Could there have been on overheating issue that damaged the crank bearings, gear or shaft ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I finally discovered the problem: my Huskvarna dealer sold me cheap oil (although with the Huskvarna logo on it; how is this even legal?) that should not have been mixed in excess with the fuel because it wasn't designed to burn off completely: since i did add a little excess oil to my fuel (about half in excess) my piston and cylinder got gummed up with unburned oil residue.

Should i attempt to clean the cylinder and piston or is that a lost cause ?

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
i like the synthetic stihl oil on the 2 cycle.
it burns clean.

wash it out with unleaded gasoline.
a drop of the 2 cycle oil on the piston rings
through the exhaust port to lube the cyl.
and some oil fuel mix for the crank bearings.
with out the plug role it over a few times

1 - 10 of 10 Posts