Power Equipment Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My gen set has a battery for electric starts ... however there are times I don't need it and the battery drains down. On the outside of this portable unit there are two knobs marked + and - I would like to somehow clip a float charger to this unit but those knobs don't look like they will accept the charger clips .... any suggestions.

they look to be plastic in nature and I don't think they twist off... please help thank you

·
Registered
145 Posts
My gen set has a battery for electric starts ... however there are times I don't need it and the battery drains down. On the outside of this portable unit there are two knobs marked + and - I would like to somehow clip a float charger to this unit but those knobs don't look like they will accept the charger clips .... any suggestions.

they look to be plastic in nature and I don't think they twist off... please help thank you
You should be able to remove the battery if you have to if you can't attach a battery tender to it when it's mounted in the generator. It's an extra step, but it should only take a minute or two to remove the terminal connectors. Once the battery is removed, you can attach a tender. When you need the generator, just reinstall the battery and you should be good to go.

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
Those two knobs are usually for adding an external battery for only the purpose of charging the battery during operation. If you wish to add a battery maintainer to your mounted starting battery... the leads would connect directly to the terminals on the starter battery.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts