Power Equipment Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a Husqvarna 020524 3200 PSI. It worked great when I put it up about 3 months ago. Yesterday I fired it up. When you spray the nozzle within 3 seconds it goes from about 3200 PSI down to about 100-200 PSI. Let go of the nozzle and it builds back to 3200 and the pop off clicks in. I did let it run on bypass for a minute or so and even on bypass it dwindles down to about 1000 PSI and the unloader kicks in again and brings it back to 3200 or so and the cycle repeats. Takes about 30 seconds to a minute for that bleeding off to happen on bypass. I took the unloader apart and there’s a pointed nozzle end that moves with the adjuster knob and fine tuning adjustment. The pointed end is not spring loaded though. Not sure if it’s supposed to be.

where do I go from here?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked the inlet where the hose connects, and it was perfectly clean. I have another pressure washer here and it works fine on the same water source. My first thought was that it might be too low of inlet pressure.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok I got a pressure gauge for the water supply only to realize afterwards that there was already one on my well pump. In any case, the well pump is on a 30/50 switch. I no longer believe it peters out on bypass. I think during that experiment there was simply air in the system. In today’s test it held 3000 psi on bypass. However, even with a known 50psi at the supply, as soon as you hit the trigger it pushes water at about 200psi within about 3 seconds of hitting the trigger.

what can I try next?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I tried both, if I have the white nozzle on, it only runs about 100 PSI. With the other it runs about 200 PSI. I’m starting to wonder if my well flows the required 4.2 GPM. I mean my other pressure washer runs fine but I don’t know the specs on the pump on it. Going to have to look it up.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I checked my water flow at the source and it’s right at 4 gpm. Literally took 15 seconds to fill a 1 gallon jug.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Check your pressure hose or your gun, seen plenty that are damaged internally and wont let the unloader function properly. If you are questioning your well in providing adequate flow to it, you can always get a plastic barrel and attach an adaptor at the bottom for the hose to the pump and make a tank then just drop your supply into the top of the barrel.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
what inside dia is the low pressure hose feeding the washer?
and what is the Id of the pipe feeding the spigot?

i like 3/4 as a min id hose size up to 100 feet... for 5 gpm.
then if there are 90 deg fittings that affects the length to shorter.

yea something is up..
there could be trash in the pump inside.
think bugs etc...
something is corking the system gpm flow...
there maybe a second screen in the pump.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I put the high pressure hose from my other pressure washer on with same results. I think I’ll try taking it somewhere that has really good water pressure and try it there just to eliminate source pressure as a problem.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well took it to a known good water source with tons of pressure but same thing, I took the pump off and looked around but didn’t see anything “out of place”. I guess the pump is just shot. Going to put a new pump on it. Just about every part that would matter on this pump costs more than a pump off amazon so I guess it’s not worth messing with. Would rather put a pump on it and be done. Might have to modify a few things based on the same replacement pump I have on my other unit but done worse. Funny how this thing has a high dollar pump assembly and it took a $hit while my generic pump on my other unit is still going strong.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts