Power Equipment Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am stumped on this one. My model 49 fires right up, runs for about 5 minutes then stalls out and will not restart ? I've put fresh gas in it, checked and changed the plug which was fine. A friend said maybe it needs a top end but it has a ton of compression ? I am wondering if when the coil heats up it is shutting down and needs a coil?
Has anyone had this issue before ?

·
Registered
185 Posts
That's a fairly rare model with a short history you have. While not 'OMG' powerful it has proven quite reliable despite its plasticity case.
Your issue does sound electrical to me. But I'm no expert, I just use 'em <wink>
I recommend you take this Q over to the arborist forum. There's a group of hard core saw enthusiasm over there. You'll find lots of good suggestions.
Good luck.

·
Registered
82 Posts
You have to take a before starting it compression test and an after it ran compression test . Throttle held wide open when done. If checks out fine, look at tank venting. It could be so many different causes. Change spark, sometimes it has a bad insulator and grounds out when heated. But as stated earlier coil could be the issue, but if it has a nice blue spark during the entire testing it should be fine. Another thing is kill wire chafing and grounding out causing shut down.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts