Power Equipment Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi new to this site I have a Husqvarna 225R Brush cutter.It starts and runs for a few seconds and shuts down.Like its out off gas.
Vince

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your help. It was the fuel line it had a crack where it enter the tank.
Vinnie

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks for your help. It was the fuel line it had a crack where it enter the tank.
Vinnie
I know this is an old thread, but just wanted to state that the fuel lines usually go first. If the equipment has be running on ethanol gas, or it's old, the fuel lines become hard and brittle. They may look good, but a hair-line crack is all that's needed to interrupt operations. Replace those lines before proceeding further.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Using a fuel stabilizer as StaBil or etc will allow you to store or use the Gasohol longer and slow the damage to the lines. The link below will show some StaBil info.

http://www.bing.com/search?q=stabil&src=IE-SearchBox&Form=IE8SRC

·
Registered
14 Posts
I agree jow, but if at all possible just use 89 Octane non-ethanol gas, and if storing is necessary a good stabilizer would benefit too.:)

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have not seen any 89 Octane non-ethanol gas in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex since it was introduced. This means I treat all of my Small Engines and boat's fuel in batches per purchased container. This has really worked well vs running tanks dry for storage.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have not seen any 89 Octane non-ethanol gas in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex since it was introduced. This means I treat all of my Small Engines and boat's fuel in batches per purchased container. This has really worked well vs running tanks dry for storage.
I kinda figured that. We have one station in town that is non-ethanol, and they sell out fast.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts