Power Equipment Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a Husqvarna 460 Rancher slightly used from another person and found a couple oddities: 1. Carburetor jets H,L, and idle are slotted, not splined. 2. There is no trigger lock. Are these two normal for the 460 Rancher?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
try the site below
click here for the husky parts site for the 460
you might pick out the parts from the pix.
just watch the part numbers to make sure they match your model run.

any idea how old the used saw is by date?
you might ring them and also ask where it was purchased from to get a hint of it was from a box store or dealer.
Found that there is a high idle when starting eventually lowering automatically when warm, this eliminates the trigger lock for starting. Don't know if this feature is on all 460 saws, I don't think so. The picture of the carb where you sent me shows splined jet screws.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haven't seen any other 460 like this, the saw was built without a throttle lock on handle or anywhere and never saw slotted H and L jet screws. I'm baffled.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I can readjust the screws easy enough. The screws also have a spline about 3/8" further down the screw. I made a special slot type driver to fit over the screw end to adjust without jumping off the screw while running. The missing throttle lock I've never seen. The saw throttles down automatically when I pull the trigger instead of unlocking throttle lock.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts