Power Equipment Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Finally getting back to the forum and just read all previous updates. @PiscBc2 , glad you got it all going. I've been there myself and did responded exactly the way you did, but as you keep working on it you will be teaching your self as you go along. Like the starter for example, NOW your a pro at them for sure lol. As for carb tuning, as @Melson stated, if you lose you place or it just gets to the point of loss, just start over by resetting the needles and go again. Remember every machine is different and the base start setting of the carb is just that a base,some like less, some like more. As you go along you will also learn to tune a carb like clockwork.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Hi JohnNY...been running fine except one time...I had just cranked it but the cord didn't retract. So I wrapped it out of the way (I know, dangerous) and started cutting. After a minute or so it retracted and has been fine since.

When tuning the carb, I had to go back to the base setting multiple times and finally got the hang of the sound differences.

I have a lot of cutting to do but it is just too hot for me outside. Hope some lower humidity is in the future.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hi JohnNY...been running fine except one time...I had just cranked it but the cord didn't retract. So I wrapped it out of the way (I know, dangerous) and started cutting. After a minute or so it retracted and has been fine since.

When tuning the carb, I had to go back to the base setting multiple times and finally got the hang of the sound differences.

I have a lot of cutting to do but it is just too hot for me outside. Hope some lower humidity is in the future.
Same here with the humidity. Do it like Yoda and close your eyes and use the force. Lol i mean ears hahaha

41 - 44 of 44 Posts