Power Equipment Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first time here. I hope I’m in the right place. I tried searching youtube, Google, and this forum to no avail.

I have a husky 1800 that stopped working on me one day. The breaker tripped and when I tried to start it again nothing happened. I waited some time and the tried again. Since then, it only makes this sound shown in the video, but doesn’t do anything else. If I let it sit there making this sound. Eventually it stops and still does nothing. If I turn it off and back on after the sound stops. It does nothing. If I let it sit there for awhile again. The sound will start again when I turn it on. Rinse repeat.
I recorded it in the video. It kind of sounds like normal operations in the video, but the sound is more like a stuck sound. You know when electrical equipment is froze and makes the noise until it over heats and shuts off. That seems to be what it is doing.

Anyway, I have NO experience with these machines. Does anyone have any ideas or things to try? Outside of just replacing it lol.
Husky 1800 problem

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
click here for the parts
so how much was this unit new?
and how old is it?
was it stored inside where it is warm in the winter?

yea if it was low cost just replace it.
most of the little electric units are throw away units.

the caps go bad on these...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
click here for the parts
so how much was this unit new?
and how old is it?
was it stored inside where it is warm in the winter?

yea if it was low cost just replace it.
most of the little electric units are throw away units.

the caps go bad on these...
We “inherited” it, so I’m not sure on price or age. Googling the price now it looked to be around $150. It has been stored in the garage where it would have been warm when we lived in a cold climate and now we are in a place where it doesn’t get cold hahaha.
I just wanted to make sure it wasn’t fixable or something I was over looking before getting another.

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
yea save the hose wand etc.
we see lots of the lower cost units on the curb...
most if them will not stand much real use...

these days we stick to the $10k hot water steam trailer unit.
and we have a smaller $5k hot water steam version for in the shop.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea save the hose wand etc.
we see lots of the lower cost units on the curb...
most if them will not stand much real use...

these days we stick to the $10k hot water steam trailer unit.
and we have a smaller $5k hot water steam version for in the shop.
10-4. I won’t be needing a 5k one anytime soon, but I can definitely she’ll out a little more than 150 to get me through a few more years hahaha

1 - 5 of 5 Posts