Power Equipment Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reaching out to the more experienced for a pressure washer issue that has my neighbor and I stumped.

My PW (8Years old G20D engine) starts fine, operates fine and after it runs for a few minutes will kill. She cranks right back up and then will run for a few minutes and then will kill. (one pull to start)

we've cleaned the carburetor multiple times. Oil level is good.

Its like it just looses fuel because it cuts off immediately it doesn't struggle it just cuts off.

we feel it is the fuel pump but only because we cant think of what else it could possibly be.

Hoping I can get some guidance from a PW magician.

challenge issued! grateful for any guidance!

·
Registered
517 Posts
Check whether loosening the fuel cap fixes the problem. The vent in the cap may be plugged.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check whether loosening the fuel cap fixes the problem. The vent in the cap may be plugged.
That did not work but I thought it was going to. When you replied I thought that was a great idea and it was a solution that i remember working a long time ago.

Do you think it could just be the fuel pump? All I can think to do is replace the fuel pump at this point.

I am thankful for your ideas. Much appreciated.

·
Registered
517 Posts
What is the actual PW manufacturer/model number? What is the full Honda engine model number?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts