Power Equipment Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon!

First post here because I am looking for some specific help with this pressure washer issue. It is a Honda powered GCV 190 motor and it will only run with the choke on. If I turn the choke off it either dies or on a lucky day will run but continually backfire. I tried cleaning the carb numerous times to no avail and I even ordered a new carb for it and had the same outcome, only running with the choke on. Lastly, with the choke on and the machine running, the throttle is surging in and out constantly until I kill the motor, unsure if this is normal. Any pro tips out there for me to try?

Thank you!

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
try it with the gas cap off the fuel tank.
the tank vents are a known issue.
replace the fuel cap if it works.

then try cleaning the filter in the fuel tank.

it normally is the idle air bleed the little black plastic jet under the throttle linkage.
the trash from the fuel tank corks it up.

we use an ultrasonic cleaner to fix these.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
try it with the gas cap off the fuel tank.
the tank vents are a known issue.
replace the fuel cap if it works.

then try cleaning the filter in the fuel tank.

it normally is the idle air bleed the little black plastic jet under the throttle linkage.
the trash from the fuel tank corks it up.

we use an ultrasonic cleaner to fix these.
Well I did not know there was a filter inside of the line. However, I removed it (I have an in line filter I just put on too) and I removed the cap and same issue. Only runs with choke on and immediately dies when choke is turned off.

·
Registered
60 Posts
It definitely sound like a fuel issue of some sort, especially with the surging and the need for the choke. Check to make sure the air filter is not creating a restriction.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts