Power Equipment Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Gadget Gas Magenta
Automotive tire Gas Tread Fender Machine

Trying to find out what this wire is for and does ? As bought new gx390 and wire not there ?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Trying to find out what this wire is for and does ? As bought new gx390 and wire not there ?
If you mean the yellow wire, that's for the low oil sensor. Honda engines are made in different variants for different uses. Engines for stationary uses like pumps and generators get the low-oil sensor, while engines that get tilted while in use like snow blowers and mowers do not.

Another important difference between applications is the output shaft configuration:

GX390 PTO SHAFT OPTIONS
  • E type TAPERED SHAFT
  • H type REDUCTION TYPE PTO
  • L type REDUCTION TYPE PTO
  • P type THREADED (SAE)
  • Q type STRAIGHT SHAFT
  • R type REDUCTION TYPE PTO
  • V type TAPERED SHAFT

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you mean the yellow wire, that's for the low oil sensor. Honda engines are made in different variants for different uses. Engines for stationary uses like pumps and generators get the low-oil sensor, while engines that get tilted while in use like snow blowers and mowers do not.
Actually I mean the black one that’s in a not with white connector on its end .

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
the black one that’s in a knot
I see it in both pictures... Again it varies by application, but it's the output from the charge coil assembly. There are a lot of options for that assembly for the GX390. You REALLY need to know exactly what variant of the GX390 you need before ordering a replacement. There are a lot of them (over 400). Get your engine type codes, prefixes & serial numbers:

Engine Type Identification

Honda Engines use a standard model naming convention.

The engine serial number is stamped into the side of the engine. All Honda engine serial numbers have a 4 or 5 letter prefix followed by a 7 digit number.

Here's a list of all the 434 type codes/serial ranges:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ah thanks makes sense as was connected to my machine . Probably to charge battery for start and horn

1 - 6 of 6 Posts