Power Equipment Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I just got a Honda EZ 3500 generator from a friend since our power just went out. He said everything was working great when he last used it a month ago, however, he lost the carburetor.

So my question is if it's possible to put another carb from a non-honda genny on it. I currently have a generac centurion and 2 multiquip 6000 gennys that no longer work and have them for parts (and I mean they really don't work so fixing one of them isn't an option). I just quickly tried to see if the carbs would line up but it seems it wouldn't mesh quite right. It was dark and I just did it to see if it was a perfect match but wasn't so here I am.

Also, I know the obvious answer is ordering the right carb online or going to buy one at a local store but it's now night, storm is rolling in, power just blew and the wifey needs power PRONTO before my head gets chopped off... Get the gist of my situation?

Hope there's some way to get this thing pumping - thank you in advance!

·
Registered
108 Posts
I’m not sure if the medium frame GX240/270 carbs are the same physical size of the large frame engine and carb (gx340) on your multiquip 6000.

The ez3500 has a GX240. I would either buy a cheap Chinese GX240 replacement carb or OEM Honda. OEM is maybe 50 bucks. While a cheap replacement is like 15-20.

You can technically compare the sizes and see if everything matches up. If they are the same physical size you’d still need to swap out the pilot and main jet from the GX240 carb into the gx340 carb. (And clean them first)

Any reason you can’t just clean the OEM GX240 carb?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts