Power Equipment Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. new to this site and looking for any help or ideas. I have three EV6010 Honda generators. One runs at my cabin and no issues. Other two I have both with under 100 hrs and when I purchased second one I set up for my mom as back up power. Totally separate from hydro power. Tested with 2-1500 amp heaters. One on each circuit. after all connections completed ran them and all good. After operating second time it burnt secondary windings out of stator. Neighbor gave me another. Set it up in shop for test. Fired it up no load and it burnt secondary windings within a minute of running engine for warm up. I have talked to Paul at Pinellas Power and he said that is the cause from either salt or from sitting to long and not operated. One came from a rural fire truck( very clean with 75hrs) so not a lot of run time and run now and again. Other from a pipeline out of a oil spill trailer and it was set up in a under mount box in front of trailer bogies and yes had sand and salt through out box as we live in British Columbia. I never mentioned to Pinellas where they came from and what he suggested seems to match what has happened. A new stator is $1500 Canadian and I can buy a new Gen set for less I just hate to scrap these engines. My question is does anyone know of a place to get a stator for a descent price( anyone with a blown engine) or is there a way to convert this to a fire pump. Most pumps connect to a straight shaft and these are tapered shaft. I know there is adaptors for tapered shafts to straight shafts. Any ideas what I can do with these generators would be appreciated.
thanks and sorry for the long winded explanation

1 - 3 of 3 Posts