Power Equipment Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just seeing if anyone else has tried ordering one of these generators lately. I ordered one from a local Honda power equipment dealer, which is also a large John Deere ag dealer. Placed order in October of 2021 and check back monthly with my salesman to see if he can tell when it may arrive. So far he is unable to give me any timeframe for arrival. Wondering if this is normal for these times. In preparation we have been able to have installed by or electric co-op a 200amp interlock on our meter base. Just have to get power cord to go from generator the box and we will be ready if generator ever shows up. Thanks. Been enjoying the info available in this forum
Automotive tail & brake light Sky Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive exterior
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Sky Gas Grass

·
Registered
711 Posts
It's a very popular model. My cousin ordered one from HD and it took a while to come in. The entire line is usually plagued with QC issues, though. Should anyone decide to buy one, it should be given to me for immediate testing. You know, to make sure it's okay and all. I'll return it.

Eventually.

·
Registered
5,493 Posts
they have been coming in as a steady stream here in Iowa.
most are on the 6 months out from date of order.
just like all imports right now.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Just seeing if anyone else has tried ordering one of these generators lately. I ordered one from a local Honda power equipment dealer, which is also a large John Deere ag dealer. Placed order in October of 2021 and check back monthly with my salesman to see if he can tell when it may arrive. So far he is unable to give me any timeframe for arrival. Wondering if this is normal for these times. In preparation we have been able to have installed by or electric co-op a 200amp interlock on our meter base. Just have to get power cord to go from generator the box and we will be ready if generator ever shows up. Thanks. Been enjoying the info available in this forum View attachment 11129 View attachment 11130
Just seeing if anyone else has tried ordering one of these generators lately. I ordered one from a local Honda power equipment dealer, which is also a large John Deere ag dealer. Placed order in October of 2021 and check back monthly with my salesman to see if he can tell when it may arrive. So far he is unable to give me any timeframe for arrival. Wondering if this is normal for these times. In preparation we have been able to have installed by or electric co-op a 200amp interlock on our meter base. Just have to get power cord to go from generator the box and we will be ready if generator ever shows up. Thanks. Been enjoying the info available in this forum View attachment 11129 View attachment 11130
Ordered mine Friday and received it Monday, delivered to my home. Dealer told me that he has several in stock. I'm in Lutz, FL. Not sure what shipping would cost but maybe have one shipped or drop-shipped as he is a large dealer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just to follow up, picked up my generator today from the dealer I originally ordered from. Got a call last Friday saying it was in and today was the first chance I had to pick it up. Seems like a solid well built machine.
Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Sky Automotive tire Plant Motor vehicle Natural environment
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Tread
Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Tread

Sky Automotive tire Plant Motor vehicle Natural environment

·
Registered
24 Posts
Nice! She's beautiful! I am beginning to wonder about Northern. They have now changed the description to: "will ship in 30 or more Business Days. Due to high demand, additional delays in shipment may occur." Two days ago it said shipping in 2-5 business days. I was under the impression that they were going to get a batch around the end of February to early March, but I haven't received any communication yet, and my card hasn't been hit either.

·
Registered
711 Posts
With the supply issues, it seems anything that has to be imported is on backorder. I ordered a set of Panasonic 18650 batteries for my backup lighting system at the beginning of the year. Just got word they are still on backorder until the end of this month. Of course, the receive date has already been pushed back several times. I think it's only going to get worse from here as lithium gets more and more in demand. Now is definitely the time to pick up anything generator-related you might need while there's still some supply left in the pipe.

·
Registered
5,493 Posts
amen!
i have all kinds of gear that is clear out to dec 2022 on the way....
good to be able to plan projects out that far!

some folks are going out of their minds...
they all switched up to the just in time model for biz plan...
a true "how did that go" moment!

i had some parts arrive today that were ordered 2 days ago from china...
kinda weird for sure!
it makes me think there is more to this shortage thing that might be twisted!

order that you need for the next years of running!
who knows what the stuff going on over there right now is going to affect parts etc!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I ordered mine around the 10th of Feb, and they just came in yesterday. Northern told me that they are showing up in waves, and they hope to get a more consistent flow, but with everything that's going on in they think it may be a year before production is back to normal, or "pre-covid."

Motor vehicle Road surface Automotive tire Asphalt Vehicle

·
Registered
488 Posts
I ordered mine around the 10th of Feb, and they just came in yesterday. Northern told me that they are showing up in waves, and they hope to get a more consistent flow, but with everything that's going on in they think it may be a year before production is back to normal, or "pre-covid."

View attachment 11241
That is a sweet delivery! Are you going to run these on natural gas using the MSK7000 kits or are these for gasoline use only? I converted mine to natural gas and it's nice not having to worry about storing fresh gasoline any more. Wish I had a second unit for parallel operation, but I suppose we can do without the main AC if we lose power...we'll spend more time in the pool I guess.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Unfortunately, I don't have availability to NG, (live in the sticks) so it will be gasoline for now. Was looking at Propane, but they want too much $$ for a tank right now. I have the ability to safely store around 200 gallons of gas, so I should be good for the next hurricane. Whatever I don't use, we put back in the cars. You are right about the pool, everyone comes to my house for the hurricane party's, the pool is a must! I have a NorthStar 13,000/10,500 to run all the pool equipment, slide, spa, etc. :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts