Power Equipment Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brand new. Electric start with no problems. However, no power to any of the three outlets. Ay recommendations?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I took the cover off and checked the internal fuse = OK.

The push button breaker buttons above each outlet are 'in,' so when I push them there is no give. They appear 'loose' in the sense that there is some play in both buttons. Its not like they are pushed in to a solid, firm position.

Thanks and any other ideas?

·
Registered
545 Posts
Is the Output Indicator LED lit? If not, it's likely DoA. If it is lit, it's likely the output circuit breakers as mentioned above.

Is the ECO switch on? If so, try it with ECO turned off. Perhaps it's not throttling up correctly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is a brand new generator. It started the first time. The green indicator light is on. Oil is topped off.
Just no power to any of the outlets. I've toggled the eco throttle on/off, but seems to make no difference.
I double-checked my extension cords and tools. They run fine with my Honda 2000.
Wonder if there are loose internal connections. I thought about puling off entire shroud, but stopped myself before I created any more problems. I guess I will have to take to authorized dealer. Unfortunately, that's about 100 miles from where generator is sitting. Any other ideas are welcomed. Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can I replace the output circuit breakers?
If so, how would I go about this?

·
Registered
805 Posts
on a new honda gen set as dead ??, run it back to the dealer!
taking any thing apart will void the warranty.

first things first.
is this a plain 3000i or a 3000i with wheels handy version?

try a 7 amp 110 vac hand grinder plugged in direct to the generator.

who was the dealer?
was this new in the box never opened?
or was it out of the box by the dealer?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts