Power Equipment Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Honda eg5000 generator. The other day I was running it, shut down for lunch, came back, added fuel for the afternoon and checked the oil. Needed some, added some. Started the genset and oil puked out the fill hole where I had left the oil fill cap off. Shut it down as fast as humanly possible. Added a bit more needed oil, put cap on, started genset, Fired right up but generator is not putting out power. All circuits and fuses are good. Any ideas will be appreciated.

·
Registered
165 Posts
You added fuel.....could be bad fuel (even if fresh)

"Puked out oil".....check to see if some of that oil got near the spark plug or any other electronics.

Explain "Is not putting out power" a bit more.....how do you know? Missing? Stumbling? Won't carry a load?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You added fuel.....could be bad fuel (even if fresh)

"Puked out oil".....check to see if some of that oil got near the spark plug or any other electronics.

Explain "Is not putting out power" a bit more.....how do you know? Missing? Stumbling? Won't carry a load?
The engine runs fine.
It's the generator that is not putting out any power.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Is it possible that you hit the Power switch (not the kill switch) to the off position and didn't notice? Dutchy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts