Power Equipment Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
This is my first post here so I figured I would dive right in. I picked up an older Honda EB3000c cycloconverter generator with the GX200 engine. From what I understand, these are robust generators but this one has no spark. I bought it thinking it would just need an ignition coil but found out the previous owner had already done some work to it. He replaced the ignition coil, ignition module, gas tank, ignition switch and carb. I pulled it all apart and found that the rotor magnets separated from the rotor housing. Bummer. Went ahead and replaced the ignition coil with a genuine one and put a new rotor on it but no dice. I feel like I'm missing something simple here but just cant seem to figure it out. The factory shop manual isn't even any help. Does anyone have any ideas? I'm way too deep in this project to give up now.
Thanks for your time,

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
Does the manual outline checking the stator with resistance values? Was there any visual damage to the stator with the rotor removed? Magnet shrapnel...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The manual outlines how to check the stator but I didn't think that was tied to the spark. I figured I would at least get some spark but it wouldn't put out power. The magnets on the old unit didn't fragment, they just came unglued and slid around but no noticeable pieces missing. Ill go through the manual and check the stator though to see if thats faulty.
Oh and the low oil indicator doesn't flash whenever I turn over the engine even though the primary winding on the ignition coil shows to be the correct voltage

1 - 5 of 5 Posts