Power Equipment Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new 3000is that I hope to use to run my 5th wheel ac while traveling down the road. It stalls whenever I make a turn that shifts fuel away from the control panel. I wonder if baffle sponges would stop this. It does this even when the tank is full to the brim so I find it hard to believe I'm on the right track. Thoughts?

·
Registered
667 Posts
Frankly puzzled... Since nobody can legally be in a fifth wheel when driving (and pets should not be), why would you need to run the generator to run the A/C underway? This is generally seen as being one of the downsides of a fifth wheel vs. a Class A motor home.
Generators for marine applications and Class A motor homes have fuel pumps that keep them supplied when underway.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Desert heat, wildfire smoke and a son with respiratory problems. It's nice to arrive to a conditioned space.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
a eu7000is is fuel injected. if it is fuel related...

the fuel bowl in the eu3000is is the issue if it is fuel.
or the oil level switch.
i would vote yes on the oil switch as the issue.

they are meant to be flat lander ran.
if it is fuel that is making it shut down a fuel injected unit or a unit that is on lp
should run ok.

i hear you on the ac unit!!
too bad they do not make a good dc air conditioning unit.
cool is nice when you cannot breath.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I'll look into the oil switch. I have the level right at the top so maybe running it closer to the minimum will do the trick.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts