Power Equipment Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found this forum. We just got done using a Generator for five straight days. We got by on a wing and a prayer with a old Generac 5000 watt for three days. The last two days our new Honda EU6500is came and saved the day. I'm now sold on Honda.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Dqalex, I found this forum a few days after the storm. I am from NJ as well. We were lucky. I was prepared with a 5500 watt generator and lots of gas. We were only without power for three days. I know many folks in NJ who were without power for much longer. I plan on upgrading to a larger generator, and taking some additional steps to be prepared for the next storm. I see you like your new Honda, what dealer did you buy from?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dqalex, I found this forum a few days after the storm. I am from NJ as well. We were lucky. I was prepared with a 5500 watt generator and lots of gas. We were only without power for three days. I know many folks in NJ who were without power for much longer. I plan on upgrading to a larger generator, and taking some additional steps to be prepared for the next storm. I see you like your new Honda, what dealer did you buy from?
Hi Fruch. I bought mine online at Harbor Sport Cycle. They are located in MI. I called around and they had the best price. They are a Honda Dealer. They have some showroom online. The EU6500 is a very good generator. I put it together in 10 min. When I started it and put on the ECO switch my wife could not believe how quiet it runs. The only way people will know you have a generator running is because you have lights. No sound from a few feet away. At 6ft on ECO it sounds like a fan running. With the whole house backed up we would run for around 12 to 13 hours on a tank of fuel which is 4 1/2 gallons. I read where someone said the Honda EU6500 is the Mercedes Benz of Generators. I think its true. Its built like a tank, its quiet and very fuel efficient.

In the spring my next project is to dig a hole, around 6ft get a very thick chain with some bolts and washers and mix up some cement.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts