Power Equipment Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,
I just purchased a used hot water pressure washer that needs a pump rebuild. I've taken the entire pump apart and it seems to be in good shape, except one piston which has a score in the ceramic coating, and the associated rubber seal is also slightly damaged.

The pump has no nameplate, no markings anywhere except "Whale" casted in the pump body. It was moutned to a 12HP (GX390) Honda. From what I see online, it is a Chinese pump, and I'm guessing a clone of another name brand pump.

This pump is sort of special in that it has an accessory drive on the other end of the pump (shaft goes out the other side of the pump) with a pulley to drive a fan blower and alternator (on a side note, anyone know what these accessory things are called, in case I just buy a brand new pump instead?) I see many name brand pumps have a cover on the side of the pump that allows you to add this feature, but can't find any kits that make it happen.

They are 15mm in diameter on the ceramic, and roughly 79mm in total length from end to end. Anyone have any ideas?

Here's some pics for reference

And here's a picture of what the pump looks like disassembled.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i would replace the pump.
click here for poust site with powerwasher mall link on the bottom of the page
a good cat brand of pump works the best and they last a long time too!!
pw mall has all of the pumps and washing parts too.
prices are ok from them!
Thanks for your recommendation. My problem as I stated in my original post is that I need a pump that has a shaft pass through to the other side (aka the crankshaft of the pump goes right through the pump, coming out the other side) which allows you to put a pulley on the other side of the pump. I absolutely need this because my hot water machine has a belt driven blower and alternator on it. I haven’t been able to find a pump like that anywhere.

The pump in question that’s broken is built exactly like that.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well lets try this.
what make and model is the washer?
and a few pix of the whole unit?

it could to have been custom spec tooled for a vender..
It is an a custom spec from vendor as you mentioned. Here’s a picture. I can post a picture of the other side later. Regardless I’m just trying to find the pump parts.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think I have made some progress on the ID of this pump (maybe). It looks to me like a clone (or maybe a real version) of a Comet ZWD-K. The body and brass manifold look identical to the pictures I saw online. The only difference would be the extended crankshaft AND the ceramic coated pistons. I noticed the new ZWD-K pumps run with full ceramic sleeve type pistons instead of the ceramic coated ones like mine. A pressure washer parts supplier had told me that many of the older pumps from pump manufacturers used to use ceramic coated pistons like mine (Honda engine on my machine says made in 2012).

Is there a source anywhere for older parts for these pumps, like these old ceramic coated pistons? I can't seem to find them anywhere.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts