Power Equipment Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all,

I've got an older Poulan 2000 saw with a little bit of a problem. As you can see from the title it is producing no spark. I've made sure the Start/Stop switch is set to Start, replaced the plug, checked the carb settings, etc., etc., etc. But still no spark being produced to the plug. I'd prefer not to take the whole thing apart and replace the plug cable but I don't know what else to do.

Any thoughts, ideas and/or suggestions (besides replace it with a Stihl :D ) are very welcome. Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Premium Member
611 Posts
have you tried unhooking the stop switch to make sure it is not bad also the wire from the coil to the stop switch could be shorted out on something

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have taken the case apart; the switch is a simple grounding wire that interrupts the power to the plug, very similar to the old lawnmowers. I have not yet checked the coil/magneto or the wire to the shutoff. Thank you, I will do that tomorrow, if it doesn't rain again here.

Have a great Memorial Day! And a BIG Thank you to all the veterans who have served to stake claim to and/or preserve the liberties that we enjoy here in these United States of America.

"I would die for the liberty that I have enjoyed,
which someone else has died for and purchased in my behalf."
-Unnamed WWII US Army Recruit to his recruiter when asked why he wanted to enlist-

1 - 3 of 3 Posts