Power Equipment Forum banner

141 - 147 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the same issue, did you find a solution?

I don't use my generator that much, but I think wrapping teflon around the threads has a lot of promise.
Easily restored, it allows the cap to be cracked open without a lot of chance of closing by itself.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Predator 3500 Digital Display Issue

For some reason my display on the front of the generator is not displaying that andy volts or amps are being produced or drawn... But I have multiple appliances plugged in and working perfectly... The display lights up and shows hours and the hour glass icon (indicating normal operation) but not reading/showing the draw or output for volts or amps.....?!?!? anyone ever come across this. I even took off the panel and made sure all the connections are good. All good and still looks new... It has 105 hours on it o far.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm curious what the opinion is on the vented oil fill doors. Some folks insist that the negative pressure somehow cools the inverter. I'm having a hard time figuring that out - I get that the inverter electronics are near the intake underneath, but it seems like as long as there is still somewhat a vacuum that it should be fine with the vented door. Thoughts?

·
Registered
187 Posts
all of the closed cased inverter gens are designed for a wind tunnel style inside...
with that said... it is a pain in the but some times!! lol!!
it messes with the air fuel ratio on the gens as the neg pressure inside the case where the air intake is messes with the carb air...
on an older I think it was 2002 or 2003 honda eu 1000 with the issue I had I cured this by making a hole in the side door to the intake air box hole that was there from the factory and then used good foam seal on the cover to the air box.
and did a grommet for an finale on the cover hole.
it looked real good when I was done.
and worked like a champ!!

they symptom for this change was it would run ok with the case side cover off but would lope and try to die with it on..
brand new carb so the carb was not the issue.
I did measure the neg pressure in the case there was way too much suction in the case...

so epa regs have something to do with this.. that clean burn issue.
they try to keep the engine and intake air as warm as they can..

most of the Hondas do not work right unless the covers are on and doors closed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Predator 3500 Digital Display Issue

For some reason my display on the front of the generator is not displaying that andy volts or amps are being produced or drawn... But I have multiple appliances plugged in and working perfectly... The display lights up and shows hours and the hour glass icon (indicating normal operation) but not reading/showing the draw or output for volts or amps.....?!?!? anyone ever come across this. I even took off the panel and made sure all the connections are good. All good and still looks new... It has 105 hours on it o far.
Did you find out the issue with your display?

141 - 147 of 147 Posts