Power Equipment Forum banner
61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
I expect it to be floating neutral already. Checking with a multimeter is easy.

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Gotcha, the bond is typically in one of two places. The alternator or control panel. Since this is an inverter gen, it’s safe to assume it’s behind the control panel.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It says that all outlets are GFCI protected. Now thats gonna cause it to trip on interlock because of the wiring for the inlet box if it protects the 30amp twistlock also like mine.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
It’s got its own push button trip above the twist lock 30amp Gfi outlet

·
Registered
95 Posts
Comments from purchasers on harbor freight site:

... manual states that the hour meter also shows V, A and W but it does not
A few examples, 1, 1st oil change after 30 hours of use. 2, If a gas stabilizer is not used, the warranty is void. Do not use gas from a metal container. 3, Change oil and clean spark plug after 100 hours of use? if this were used during a power outage(ie, ice storm, hurricane) where your power could be out for a week or more, you would need to change the oil/clean plug every 4 days? 4, if not going to be used for 20 days or more, drain the carburetor, change oil, take the spark plug out, put a spoon of oil in the spark plug hole. 5, During extended storage periods the Engine must be started every 3 months and allowed to run for 15 – 20 minutes or the Warranty is VOID.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Nothing on the control panel indicates a universal gfci like the Honda EB generators. I’d say the manual is just poorly translated. The 30 amp outlets have over current protection (circuit breakers) but that’s looks to be it.
Good because thats a problem when using an interlock or transfer switch with a bonded neutral.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
It says it right on the front panel "Neutral Bonded to Frame"
Since this is an inverter gen, it’s safe to assume it’s behind the control panel.
Just look for a lug where a white Neutral is connected to the frame, typically along with the green/yellow Ground. Remove the Neutral jumper and insulate it and that should do it...
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Steering part Steering wheel

Reactions: iowagold

·
Registered
13 Posts
If Honda produced it, you could probably purchase a Gulfstream 650 ER cheaper, and just use it to run your stuff off of it's APU.
I seen a guy get really desperate during a winter storm in Canada , he used his little Honda economy car running a power cable from it to his RV to run his furnace , it was a very interesting show.

61 - 74 of 74 Posts