Power Equipment Forum banner
41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Yea he was. I read where he was one of the nicest guys in Hollywood too. You are talking about a period in Hollywood when men were men and women were happy about it. Except Maureen O'Hara. She was never happy with "G.W." in McLintock!

"We now return you to our regularly scheduled programming..."

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
i am waiting for a 25 kw rated power honda inverter gen that will run on NG or LP selective!
that right now would sell like hot cakes!

honda japan still say there is not enough of a market for NG and LP here in the states!
the funny thing is we install a lot of conversion kits!

and the quiet box for the eu2200i gen!
they have them in japan market.... but not for the usa...
it might be an epa thing or a UL thing for the usa market!

my eyes look like jack elam's eyes most of the time now!!
lol!
so much eye rolling i cannot see straight!
GRIN!
he is one of my favorite movie guys from the old westerns!
right up there with the duke!
25kw inverter… imagine the price tag.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Even a battery tender. That kit is an excellent idea.
Both of my Westinghouse 9,500 watt models came with those same exact battery tenders. They're really nice. You simply plug them into the port on the panel, and the red LED glows until the battery is fully charged.

Then the LED changes from red to green, which means the battery is up to full charge. They put out 2 amps. I plug mine in once a month before I run the units, and they take about 20 to 30 minutes to top off the charge. It's a lot easier than dragging out battery chargers with alligator clips, and all of that mess.

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Well the plot thickens. Recap… The images on harbor freights web site shows L1 and L2 parallel ports but no neutral port indicating that parallel operation is strictly 240v.

Today I got around to a local harbor freight and low and behold a 9500 inverter complete with 3 parallel ports… L1, L2, and the ever elusive Neutral.

There appears to be no word on a forthcoming parallel kit, but things are at least looking promising. I really want a buddy for my EU7000 and I was super close to pulling the trigger on the new Bluetooth EU7000. Now I feel like I’m back in limbo. sigh.

I forgot to snap a picture of the parallel port with the rubber cover off… I guess I’ll make another trip to see if it’s the same ends as Honda’s, and if it’d mate with their parallel kit. Though I bet the spacing will likely be different and Honda’s plug is 3 terminals in a fixed connector, not 3 loose single connectors.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
yea see if it is 4mm male or female on those ports.
hard to say what they are thinking...

just remember these are a low cost unit....

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Female. Looks like 4mm like all inverter parallel ports. Eu7000 has insulated males.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Ha!
pm me for the connectors!
i have those listed.
most of those if they are good ones will stand 36 amps or 25 amps all of the time.

i would love to see one of those gens on a good load test bench..
just to see if the numbers claimed by the hf folks are even close to reality...

you never know who is really making the items for them...
except the country of origin.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looks very much like the Duromax XP9000iH... Not dual-fuel, though.

It DOES have the parallel connectors on the front panel at the top-center.
It actually is parable however it doesn’t have the cable with it but it is parable I’m reading the owners manual as I speak

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
The eu7000 is easily twice the machine of the 9500 predator. I fiddled around with the display model this past week. It doesn’t hold a candle to the Honda in build quality.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
The eu7000 is easily twice the machine of the 9500 predator.
"Twice" the machine? And this was ascertained exactly how? Because it costs 2-1/2 times as much, and puts out 2,100 watts less? Or is it because of it's smaller engine, coupled with fewer power outlets? Or is it due to their high quality, they have so few problems, and run so well?

I fiddled around with the display model this past week. It doesn’t hold a candle to the Honda in build quality.
I see.... And you determined this "build quality", by "fiddling" with a display model? God, I love Honda fanboys. You people make this way too easy. No wonder Honda gets away with what they do.

Perhaps you can trot on down to your local Honda dealer and "fiddle around" with their display models, and offer some solutions to the plethora of issues these people seem to be having with them.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Any idea how many Honda generators are out there and in use for decades? If you look at reviews on sites with hundreds or thousands of reviews, Hondas, in the aggregate, have mostly near 5 star ratings. They usually only get dinged on the price aspect. If you search for issues for any product, you will find them. Some can be due to operator error and some due to maintenance or shipping damage issues, while others will be actual quality problems with the manufacturer. No manufacturer will be perfect all the time, but a well cared for Honda has proven to be a reliable product...no matter if it's a car, a snow blower, lawn mower or a generator.

I have no issue with people calling out the price. They are expensive, but when it comes down to insurance against loss of food and comfort during a prolonged outage, I want the best insurance I can afford. Buying the Honda and converting it to run on natural gas actually saved me the cost of a Honda because I no longer needed to buy a whole house, non-portable, unreliable and loud Generac generator like my neighbors have for $11k.

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
"Twice" the machine? And this was ascertained exactly how? Because it costs 2-1/2 times as much, and puts out 2,100 watts less? Or is it because of it's smaller engine, coupled with fewer power outlets? Or is it due to their high quality, they have so few problems, and run so well?

I see.... And you determined this "build quality", by "fiddling" with a display model? God, I love Honda fanboys. You people make this way too easy. No wonder Honda gets away with what they do.

Perhaps you can trot on down to your local Honda dealer and "fiddle around" with their display models, and offer some solutions to the plethora of issues these people seem to be having with them.
lol, someone’s triggered... Have you owned, used, or handled either machine? Do you have any experience to add to the discussion? What you appear to bring to the table is an irrational contempt for Honda power products. And a disrespectful attitude towards those you own them,

·
Registered
115 Posts
Any idea how many Honda generators are out there and in use for decades? If you look at reviews on sites with hundreds or thousands of reviews, Hondas, in the aggregate, have mostly near 5 star ratings. They usually only get dinged on the price aspect. If you search for issues for any product, you will find them. Some can be due to operator error and some due to maintenance or shipping damage issues, while others will be actual quality problems with the manufacturer. No manufacturer will be perfect all the time, but a well cared for Honda has proven to be a reliable product...no matter if it's a car, a snow blower, lawn mower or a generator.

I have no issue with people calling out the price. They are expensive, but when it comes down to insurance against loss of food and comfort during a prolonged outage, I want the best insurance I can afford. Buying the Honda and converting it to run on natural gas actually saved me the cost of a Honda because I no longer needed to buy a whole house, non-portable, unreliable and loud Generac generator like my neighbors have for $11k.
I constantly hear this same exact argument with Mercedes owners. They carry on about the price being "worth it" because you have to pay for, "good solid German engineering and quality". And yet you see 5 times more of them in the shop with expensive repairs, than to do Toyota's that cost one third as much. It's no different with generators.

I own, and have owned Honda products in the past, and still do. I'm not saying they're crap. But for what they charge, compared to the problems people have with them, they are simply not worth it. Nowhere near. Perhaps 20 or 30 years ago, when Honda had far less competition, but not now.

Just look within the confines of this forum alone. It took me 5 minutes to cut and paste those links. If I did a Google search, I could fill 2 pages in 15 minutes. That simply should NOT be happening with generators they have the audacity to charge over a dollar a watt for. They should ALL perform flawlessly. The fact is they don't. And they don't care.

Many Honda generators have been notoriously hard starting for YEARS. They still are. Don't believe it? Look around in this forum alone. They also refuse to offer dual fuel. Yet that is what people want, because it makes ANY generator much more useful in a pinch. Other manufacturers all see this, and offer it. Not Honda. They're always the last to the table. So people buy elsewhere. They pay less, and they're satisfied, because they're getting all of the features they want at a far more affordable price.

Chinese quality is improving every day. There is no way around it. Predator, (Harbor Freight), has every bit as good of a guarantee as Honda does. They'll replace any defective unit they sell immediately, no questions asked. And they always have most everything in stock. They also offer extended warranties very reasonably... And they're everywhere.

Honda had better start getting on the ball, if they expect people to keep paying what they're asking... Especially in today's global economy, that is growing larger and more competitive every day. Sooner or later even their loyal fanboy base is going to wake up, and get sick and tired of paying 250% more for lesser units, that aren't as wonderful as they crack them up to be.

Bull$h!t always sounds good when you're sitting at the bar, drinking a cold one. But it doesn't do $h!t for making electricity.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I constantly hear this same exact argument with Mercedes owners. They carry on about the price being "worth it" because you have to pay for, "good solid German engineering and quality". And yet you see 5 times more of them in the shop with expensive repairs, than to do Toyota's that cost one third as much. It's no different with generators.

I own, and have owned Honda products in the past, and still do. I'm not saying they're crap. But for what they charge, compared to the problems people have with them, they are simply not worth it. Nowhere near. Perhaps 20 or 30 years ago, when Honda had far less competition, but not now.

Just look within the confines of this forum alone. It took me 5 minutes to cut and paste those links. If I did a Google search, I could fill 2 pages in 15 minutes. That simply should NOT be happening with generators they have the audacity to charge over a dollar a watt for. They should ALL perform flawlessly. The fact is they don't. And they don't care.

Many Honda generators have been notoriously hard starting for YEARS. They still are. Don't believe it? Look around in this forum alone. They also refuse to offer dual fuel. Yet that is what people want, because it makes ANY generator much more useful in a pinch. Other manufacturers all see this, and offer it. Not Honda. They're always the last to the table. So people buy elsewhere. They pay less, and they're satisfied, because they're getting all of the features they want at a far more affordable price.

Chinese quality is improving every day. There is no way around it. Predator, (Harbor Freight), has every bit as good of a guarantee as Honda does. They'll replace any defective unit they sell immediately, no questions asked. And they always have most everything in stock. They also offer extended warranties very reasonably... And they're everywhere.

Honda had better start getting on the ball, if they expect people to keep paying what they're asking... Especially in today's global economy, that is growing larger and more competitive every day. Sooner or later even their loyal fanboy base is going to wake up, and get sick and tired of paying 250% more for lesser units, that aren't as wonderful as they crack them up to be.

Bull$h!t always sounds good when you're sitting at the bar, drinking a cold one. But it doesn't do $h!t for making electricity.
Mercedes, Audi, BMW and the like are overpriced crap. It's a straw man argument. They are status symbols. Just buy what makes you happy.

Honda makes quality products which tend to have great resale value, and it is typically easy to find parts for them for decades after purchase. I have a 12 year old Acura that runs as good as the day it was new. Some people gravitate to cheap products, some people gravitate to quality. It's difficult to find both offered in the same product. If something is inexpensive, there is likely a reason. If something is expensive, it doesn't mean it is quality but it could explain part of it. In either case, you need to look deeper.

41 - 60 of 74 Posts