Power Equipment Forum banner
21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
get the hf gen set on a good load bank first!
i bet it puts out way less than they advertise....
just saying....
low cost normal is low quality...
not always... but in electronics gear you do get what you pay for!
I sure have been happy with the honda eu series of gens..
No one will ever sway Paul away from Honda...EVER lol.
But manufactures of the Chineseium units are nipping at their heals every chance they can.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
If that's the case, I might buy two of these and get rid of my Generac 15000.. Now I can't wait to see what their parallel kit does.
Go for it, I’m sure we’d all love some real world feedback.

I’d really like to hear more about the powerhouse 7500 inverter as well.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I was reading the manual for the Duromax XP9000iH... I was impressed that all these items are included:

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
kinda reminds you of a model A
or good classic import car..
a tool kit was included

·
Registered
116 Posts
Here is a pretty good in depth video of it. The guy talks too much, but shows it pretty well. First startup is at 15:00.

·
Registered
116 Posts
This guy is all gushy on the Honda. But look at how badly it under volts under a load. That is BAD for an inverter generator.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Wow. I chatted with Johnnys Weekends on that video and he is going to test another Honda soon.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I wonder how long the Honda inverter can stand up to that abuse?
I think it already failed big time. It never pulled anywhere near 2000 watts. Not even in a spike. And when it was loaded, the voltage dropped to as low as 78 Volts. That unit should have tripped out well before that much of a voltage drop. That is inexcusable on most ANY generator..... Let alone a high dollar inverter model, that is most likely going to be used to power sensitive electronics.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I think it already failed big time. It never pulled anywhere near 2000 watts. Not even in a spike. And when it was loaded, the voltage dropped to as low as 78 Volts. That unit should have tripped out well before that much of a voltage drop. That is inexcusable on most ANY generator..... Let alone a high dollar inverter model, that is most likely going to be used to power sensitive electronics.
I agree, there is no protection built in for an overloaded condition. Just the fact that the voltage drops that low is a big issue.

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
This guy is all gushy on the Honda. But look at how badly it under volts under a load. That is BAD for an inverter generator.

I’ve personally load tested an eu1000 eu2000 and eu2200 for max load. I’ll start by saying that I own the same meter he used and it is a cheap eBay/amazon special. It’s handy but should not be relied on. Very inaccurate. Second, my eu2000 easily handles a 2000watt load with a steady voltage of 110-112vac. The eu2200 can do 2000watts at 118-120vac.

It’s possible that the guy has a failing inverter unit... But don’t trust these tests unless the guy is using proper Meters. Bare minimum a Kill-a-watt device is pretty good for cheap.

·
Registered
116 Posts
........ I’ll start by saying that I own the same meter he used and it is a cheap eBay/amazon special. It’s handy but should not be relied on. Very inaccurate.......
At 0:35 in the video he states he built the meter he is using to test the unit. And regardless if he did or didn't, the meter was showing correct voltage coming from the unit, until he started placing a heavy load on it. I wouldn't jump to conclusions about the meter being the issue here. I'm not saying it couldn't be, but there was no evidence of that.

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
He bought the meter which comes with a split clamp Current transformer, and installed it in a project box. I did the same. I liked the clarity of the screen but found that it was way off from my fluke clamp meter.

The clarity of the display on this isnt As good but I found it to be more accurate.

It would have been nice to see the test using a clamp meter, that’s all.

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
So I’ve been seriously contemplating the harbor freight 9500 inverter generator. I would use it in parallel with my EU7000. I’ve been waiting to see what the parallel kit looks like but only found one for the (identical) duromax branded unit.

Taking a close look at the available pictures I noticed something concerning. Only 3 total wires at each generators connection harness. So then I looked closer at the control panel of the generators… only 2 parallel ports… For comparison the eu7000 and clone powerhorse 7500 generators have 3. 2 hots, 1 neutral.

So what gives… Well it looks like the predator 9500 only offers parallel 240v operation, not 120/240v. In other words practically useless.

It appears that the Manufacture of the predator and duromax big inverter generators either could not, or would not produce a product that resolved the neutral cross current issue that Honda and even powerhorse has…

·
Registered
210 Posts
I want to be there the day that Paul reads that Honda has come out with an EU12500i. I wanna' watch as his eyes roll back in his head.😄

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
i am waiting for a 25 kw rated power honda inverter gen that will run on NG or LP selective!
that right now would sell like hot cakes!

honda japan still say there is not enough of a market for NG and LP here in the states!
the funny thing is we install a lot of conversion kits!

and the quiet box for the eu2200i gen!
they have them in japan market.... but not for the usa...
it might be an epa thing or a UL thing for the usa market!

my eyes look like jack elam's eyes most of the time now!!
lol!
so much eye rolling i cannot see straight!
GRIN!
he is one of my favorite movie guys from the old westerns!
right up there with the duke!

21 - 40 of 74 Posts