Power Equipment Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Looks very much like the Duromax XP9000iH... Not dual-fuel, though.

Unfortunately does not appear to be parallel-able.
It DOES have the parallel connectors on the front panel at the top-center.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I was just going to add that to the other thread's list and you beat me to it. I'm a bit worried it's TOO cheap, but I'm glad others are getting into the business. With any luck Champion will release a closed version of their 100520, and then I'll pounce.

·
Registered
204 Posts
So I don't see any 30 amp 240 outlet on that? All 20amp 120v's?

Edit: says it has it-

Includes: (4) 120v 20A GFCI protected outlets, 120v/240v 30A twistlock, 120v 30A twistlock, 12v 8A DC, (2) USB outlets

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
204 Posts
It says that all outlets are GFCI protected. Now thats gonna cause it to trip on interlock because of the wiring for the inlet box if it protects the 30amp twistlock also like mine.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
There’s a new kid in town. Looks promising, certainly priced competitively. Unfortunately does not appear to be parallel-able.

View attachment 9071

click here for the harbor freight site
here are the specs;
PRODUCT OVERVIEW
This PREDATOR® 9500W Max Starting, 7600W Running Super Quiet Inverter Generator uses a powerful 459cc engine providing clean, efficient power where it's needed most. With a 6.8 gallon fuel tank, this closed frame inverter generator delivers runtimes up to 18.5 hours @ 25% load. Designed with efficiency in mind, this inverter generator is built with Electronic Speed Control Mode (ESC Mode) to optimize engine performance, maximize runtime and lower fuel consumption. Rated at 67 dB, this 9500 max starting watt closed-frame inverter generator delivers enough power to back up your home while operating at the same volume as a quiet conversation. Featuring a lightweight, compact design versatile enough for multiple applications and smooth-rolling flat free tires for effortless portability.

CO SECURE™ technology automatically shuts down the generator for safety when harmful levels of carbon monoxide are detected
Ultrapowerful PREDATOR® 459cc engine provides plenty of power for large backup applications
Pure sine wave inverter technology safely powers sensitive electronics such as smartphones, laptops, TVs
Super-quiet enclosure significantly reduces generator noise levels, operating at only 67 dB
Integrated hour meter makes it easy to track maintenance levels
Electric start with non-spillable battery (included) for easy starts every time
Includes four flat-free wheels and foldable handle for easy portability
Includes: (4) 120v 20A GFCI protected outlets, 120v/240v 30A twistlock, 120v 30A twistlock, 12v 8A DC, (2) USB outlets

IMPORTANT INFORMATION
This item can only be shipped within the 48 contiguous states via Standard Ground Shipping. In order to return this item for a refund or replacement, all fuel must first be drained.
An additional lift-gate charge may apply.
This item is subject to a 20% restocking fee
-----------------------------------------------
so if i am reading this right it is closer to the old 6500..
no fuel injection.
and larger engine so it will drink more gasoline.
and the below specs;
120/240 VAC, 60 Hz, 63.3 / 31.7 A, 1 Phase
12 VDC, 8 A (nominal)
5V USB, 3.1A
7600 Running Watts
9500 Maximum Starting Watts
------------------------
so if you are going to try to get all of the power out of the gen set you will need to modify it for a 50 amp twistlock and a 50 amp breaker...

this is a pass for now.....
plastic covers etc.
not the same as a eu7000isag

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
so if you are going to try to get all of the power out of the gen set you will need to modify it for a 50 amp twistlock and a 50 amp breaker...
The 7600W (31.7A) continuous will run just fine with the 30A twistlock, and is sized specifically for that L15-30 outlet. It's a 30A breaker on each leg. 9500W (seems optimistic - the equivalent Duromax is only 9000W starting) is under 40A per leg and shouldn't trip the breaker immediately. The thermal (heat) mechanism located inside the breaker expands in response to temperature and is calibrated to trip when current exceeds the breaker rating. Thermal protection is designed to respond slowly (not instantly). This allows overcurrent to exceed breaker rating for a moment so when a motor start-up pulls a surge of amps, then the breaker does not trip.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
grin i do not like to run that close to rated...
not on import plugs and sockets...
just asking for trouble....

the gen set it could be over rated as a gen set output power...
need to see one on a load bank for the torcher tests.
lol or smoke show....
time will tell... but just as it is red does not make it a honda eu7000isag!

just not sold on the hf stuff.....
way too much invested in my high dollar electronics to connect to an unknown measure....

·
Registered
115 Posts
That looks to be an incredible buy for an inverter unit with that high of a wattage rating. The Harbor Freight Predator line of generators has held up well, and are in well proven widespread use.

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So I looked a little closer at pictures and specs. It does appear To have parallel ports but doesn’t mention parallel ability in the product description.

Also, the unit is advertised as a “super quiet“ generator. The decibel rating is 67db vs an eu7000 which is 58db. 67db is hardly super quiet.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Also, the unit is advertised as a “super quiet“ generator. The decibel rating is 67db vs an eu7000 which is 58db. 67db is hardly super quiet.
And the Duromax is listed as 68dB. So these are about 10 times louder than the Honda!

Change in dBChange in Sound Intensity/Energy
An increase of 3 dBdoubled
A decrease of 3 dBhalved
An increase of 10 dBIncreased by a factor of 10
A decrease of 10 dBDecreased by a factor of 10
An increase of 20 dBIncreased by a factor of 100
A decrease of 20 dBDecreased by a factor of 100

Reactions: iowagold

·
Registered
57 Posts
Someone please educate me on this... what good is a parallel kit when it already puts out 30 amps? are there things that have a 50amp/120v plug? Might it be so you can get a 50amp/240 by paralleling it? If so, how is that possible? I'm confused here...

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
what good is a parallel kit when it already puts out 30 amps?
A good parallel kit will support 50Amps and sometimes 60Amps @ 240V.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
get the hf gen set on a good load bank first!
i bet it puts out way less than they advertise....
just saying....
low cost normal is low quality...
not always... but in electronics gear you do get what you pay for!
I sure have been happy with the honda eu series of gens..

1 - 20 of 74 Posts