Power Equipment Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since the cold weather is on its way or already here in some areas what do you guys do to winterize your power washers. i just drain mine and it gets stored indoors where its warm. anyone have any better methods

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
thats what i would do if i owned one and lived up north, i would just keep mine in my shop or garage it never gets below 32 in either one

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Last winter, I did the same. When I got it out to use in the spring, the pump didn't wanna stay "engaged" I had to take it part and clean it. So this year I'm gonna run dawn dish soap through the pump and NOT drain. Won't know if it's a better method till spring.:D

I think one of my biggest problems with this is, my water is on the "hard" side.:(

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
I'm hoping it will keep the valves from sticking.;) I've bin runnin alittle soap through after every use, this season. It seems to keep it operating smoother.:) Time will tell.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the welcome. I came over here from the MTF forum. I know the product I listed is a bit high but it will treat the PW for 2-3 years. I spray into thepump and leave it connected until spring so it doesn't run out. Then put up and HOPE I can find it the next fall.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts