Power Equipment Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Profitexx se2700 (2000 watt) generator. It's 2 years old and has only been used for a couple of times to exercise it for 5 minutes during that period.
It won't start. The sparkplug gives a nice blueish spark and I already decreased the clearance but didn't make a difference. After pulling the chord for a couple of times the spark plug gets wet from gasoline.
I am clueless:confused:

·
Premium Member
611 Posts
have you checked the air filter housing to make sure no small critters have made a home in there? other than that i have no idea

·
Registered
28 Posts
A regular service can definitely help you to make your generator running again. Also, make sure that you are getting it serviced on regular basis to keep it working for a very long time without any kinds of technical problems.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If the gas inside the tank is 2 years old, that's your problem. IF that's the case, draining the fuel and replacing it with fresh will solve your problem.

·
Registered
17 Posts
It may be due to residual magnetism of the rotor. If the generator has not been used for a long time then may be it is possible that its residual magnetism decreased.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts