Power Equipment Forum banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
it is an inverter gen so the inverter sets the speed.
and the low idle screw speed needs to be set right as it is the low speed stop for the throttle plate.
engine off we start at throttle plate closed and one turn in for a close enough to start the gen setting.
you want at least 500 rpm up from the lowest speed the engine will run at.
so maybe 2500 rpm ish? for the eco on speed min with no load.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Thank you very much for the help. The tachometer should be here on Tuesday. I'll send a quick update once that is installed and the idle is set.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
make sure to get the tach set right on the settings.
all of the 2 and 4 cycle and numbers of cyls...
and depends if you have wasted spark style of coil system.
it is a pain to get it first set up
but from there it never needs to be changed if all you do is single cyl 4 cycle engines.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
I just need to replace the spark plug boot, but I couldn't find where I could order just the boot. I went ahead and ordered the complete ignition coil with a boot. Now, I'm finding out the seller really didn't have it in stock and I cant find where anyone else does either. Would it be a bod idea to to try find a similar boot and just replace that part?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
I don't know for sure, but it definitely doesn't look the same. If I can find one that is similar, but it be safe to switch it out?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
I have the tachometer installed. With auto idle off, the engine is running at 4200. With auto idle on and the low idle adjustment screw all the way out, it's running about 3300. Can you please advise how to adjust the idle?

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
this is an inverter gen so 4200 rpm is ok for eco off and no load for this gen set.

no load on the gen set, eco mode on.
you say it is 3300 rpm now
you are going to want the idle screw at least 200 rpm over the min run speed set by the inverter.
so set the idle screw at 3500 rpm.
this helps on the recovery for when the load kicks in.
for a no or low sag power.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
I decided to run it one more time and pay close attention before I make any adjustments. Here is what I found
with eco on, it fluctuated between 3370 - 3450
with eco off, it fluctuated between 4230 - 4300
with eco on, under a mid range load, it fluctuated between 3120 - 3220
Are these fluctuations normal? Is reaching 4300 with eco off okay?

41 - 51 of 51 Posts