Power Equipment Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Thanks for the use of the forums. I recently bought a Sun Joe SPX3000 electric pressure washer to clean my sidewalks and remove algae and moss. The problem I have is that I need to use the 0 Degree tip to remove it as the 15 degree isn't strong enough. It takes a long time to do each stone along our large pathway. I am told it only outputs around 1450 PSI rather than the 2030 as advertised which may be the issue.

My question is, if I upgrade to a gas unit, specifically the Dewalt 3100 PSI unit with the Honda engine, will the 25 degree tip be able to remove the substance since it's at a much higher pressure but larger angle? I want to cover more area and it would be much faster at 25 degrees of an angle.

I don't want to spend the extra cash if it won't do any better. The Sun Joe handles everything else just fine. It's just that we have a really big pathway on about an acre of land that I need to wash.

Hopefully my question makes sense and I thank you for your time.

Rob

·
Registered
234 Posts
Pressure washing isn't just about "pressure" it's also the amount of water being used at the rated pressure. So these little electric machines are good for quick cleaning but not for heavy cleaning.
The DeWalt will do what you ask of it but I'm not a fan of these AAA pumps. I prefer a machine with a CAT pump like DeWalt used to have or General or Comet pumps. Parts are available and the pumps are durable and on the higher end are adjustable pressure. Just make sure you winterize ANY pressure washer pump properly before storage if you live in the colder areas.

I had a Porter Cable branded machine that had a Honda 6.5 horsepower and a cat pump 3,000 psi 3 gallon on it. The machine was unreal, didn't wear me down and literally did everything I wanted to do, but I sold it and got a 4,000 PSI 4 gallon per minute rated machine that wants to dislocate my shoulders now and I kind of regret my decision because I don't do any bigger work with it than the Porter-Cable handled. So what I'm saying is look for a 3,000, 3 gallon per minute machine and you'll be fine. If a 20° tip does not knock off what you're asking it to do, You could always use a turbo tip which is a 0° tip that rotates.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts