Power Equipment Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Onions are in, potato seeds go in today, along with my broccoli, califlower, leaf lettuce.

Anybody else like playn in the dirt?:)

·
Registered
478 Posts
Yes, lettuce/radishs/ turnips/ peas/ spinach are up, Tomatoes went in the ground 3/17, inside my Walls of Water and they are doing good. Planted Corn, Green Beans 2 days ago. Cucumbers and Cantalope will go in next week. Oh and I planted some potatoes but just a few hills. :D

·
Premium Member
611 Posts
must be nice its still way too wet here to even think about planting yet. i haven't even seen any farmers out in the fields yet this year i'm hoping that i'll be able to get mine in within the next couple weeks

·
Registered
478 Posts
Too wet to Farm, but I have enough crown in about half the Garden and with the winds we are having, it drys out pretty quick. Hoping the section I want to plant the cucumbers in and the cantalope will dry out in the next week or so.

·
Premium Member
611 Posts
Too wet to Farm, but I have enough crown in about half the Garden and with the winds we are having, it drys out pretty quick. Hoping the section I want to plant the cucumbers in and the cantalope will dry out in the next week or so.

must be nice all we have here is clay i went and checked about an hour ago and while the surface is nice and dry not even a half inch down is still really soggy. i'm hoping that this year or next i'll be able to till in some compost and manure to help amend the soil probably add some sand too just to aid with drainage

·
Premium Member
611 Posts
supposed to have a few nice days this week with temps in the high 50's and 60's so tomorrow i'm going plant shopping and once the garden dries out some more i'll run through it with the tractor and cultivator just to break it up more, and hopefully get started planting. altohugh i have to replace the fuel line on the tractor now (i accidentally kinked it yesterday) and top off the hyd oil before i plow it up

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It was 89 here today. supposed to get some bad storms and high winds.....more tree work??;)

·
Premium Member
611 Posts
still way too wet here for anything half of the yard has water laying in it including about a third of my garden area makes me think more and more about about making it a raised bed just don't have the money for that right now.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Right now we are trying to recover the nutrients in one of the gardens. We had corn in it for a couple of years that just killed are soil. In the other garden we have onion, tomatos, russet potatos, and cabbage. I hope to get the garden plowed again today or tomorrow so we can plant some more food.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Here is how mine Garden is doing. Tomato's I took out of the Walls of waters Saturday. Ready to start picking some Lettuce and Onions for a Salad, if it stops raining.

Booms on a couple of them

4x8 raised bed. Lettuce, peas, Radishs, Onions, Spinach.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Got the onions in the ground today. Then a friend of ours showed up with his 2750 John Deere pulling a 12 foot spike toothed harrow. In two passes he was done.:eek:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Kingwood....
Thanks Sonny. I will be posting more pictures of this garden and the other garden when we get more crops in the ground.:D

·
Registered
97 Posts
The cabbage.

The other garden. Sorry do not have enough room to get the whole thing in the view finder.

The electric fence box. It has a 5 mile range. It works good found out the hard way.:eek::rolleyes: It does keep the deer out but the small critters like ground hogs do make it under the fence. This past winter we had a ground hog do a number on last winters crop of cabbage and the collard greens.:mad:

·
Registered
39 Posts
been digging up some old shrubs out front that came with the house (bought it last year) and have been debating with myself, my wife and my folx about digging up all the freaking flowers that the previous owner had. I don't know jack about flowers but my folx say the ones we got are expensive, gotta get rid of em to have some "functional" plants like veggies in place, replace a raised garden thats rotted, eliminate another, it goes on and on help me rhonda!

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
They're lookin good guys.. As soon as I get some time I'll take some pics.
Mine really ain't big enough to call a "garden" (30' x 30') more like a "patch" I guess:rolleyes:

·
Registered
478 Posts
Finally dried enough to get Bell Peppers, Jalapenos, and Brussel Sprouts in last night. Hope to get a 2 nd row of Green Beans in tonight or tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
garden n stuff 008.jpg some pics of my patch. I took these memorial day.

garden n stuff 009.jpg Things are really coming on strong, since we've gottn some sunshine.

garden n stuff 013.jpg Need to finish-up my watering system. I plan on gravity feeding it thru a soaker hose. I'll use my sump pump to fill the barrel from the crick. That's one good thing about havin my garden on a slight hill....

1 - 20 of 29 Posts