Power Equipment Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have always used this in petrol for my generator so it doesn't go stale. Fuel Fit® Fuel Treatment Briggs & Stratton

We bought a new lawn mower a few months ago and its never been a good starter if you stop the engine, then start it a few secs or min later. So I tried some petrol that I had mixed with the stablilizer and now it seems to be starting perfectly... Odd hey?

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
yup.
stabile, and seafoam here in the states work well.
we use the seafoam in all of the fuel here.
it sure helps!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Not odd just a fact of life with the mystery gas we have to put up with. Just noticed the English Flag, do you have the mandatory 10% ethanol added to gasoline?

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
most of the gasoline we deal with is not as good as it was in the 1960's...
wish we could still get the good stuff on the cheap!!
lol!
35 cents per gallon! wow! and that was high test!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not odd just a fact of life with the mystery gas we have to put up with. Just noticed the English Flag, do you have the mandatory 10% ethanol added to gasoline?
No idea, I just know its unleaded petrol from the petrol station:D... But what else would cause a engine not to start after a few mins of stopping, as it would start straight away if it was left a good 5-10mins after stopping the engine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have always used this in petrol for my generator so it doesn't go stale. Fuel Fit® Fuel Treatment Briggs & Stratton

We bought a new lawn mower a few months ago and its never been a good starter if you stop the engine, then start it a few secs or min later. So I tried some petrol that I had mixed with the stablilizer and now it seems to be starting perfectly... Odd hey?
Also, try using non-oxygenated gasoline. The ethenyol from "corn gas" leaves deposits in the fuel system that causes hard starting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts