Power Equipment Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings, this is my first post here but I have plenty of ebay feedback and previous forum sales. Paypal verified. I bought this transfer switch because I liked the idea of using a large deep cycle battery with an inverter to supply 1800w in addition to a small generator. Of course, you can also use a regular UPS. This way, starting large loads doesn't cause much of a voltage drop, my pump runs continuously after a power outage, and I can save gas and money and noise by using a tiny little honda. the problem is that I foolishly assumed that the switch could run off of a 120v generator. You need a 240v split phase source. My loss is your gain. The box has been opened but the packaging is all original and the switch has never been used or installed in any way. Most places that list this switch online as in-stock don't actually have it. There is a shortage right now. Get it here faster and cheaper!

As an aside, I look forward to giving back to this forum when I get around to figuring out a DIY remote start solution for my honda eu3000is. It will have auto-choke and I'll use either a programmable logic controller or do it college-style w/ a pile of light timers to have the generator only turn on for a couple of hours a day during a long outage so that my house can stay warm and dry on one tank of gas if I'm not home for a few weeks. Having the battery incorporated in to the transfer switch is essential to achieving that goal, hence my choice to go with the APC switch.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts