Power Equipment Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New gen setup, now fully broken in

Here is picture of EZ109 with ADL106 and 90 degree EZL001. This allows downdirected drain with a small tube inserted at bottom of the L. The ADL106 is installed first, tightened, then EZ109 and finally the EZL001
Motor vehicle Gas Carbon Metal Auto part

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

For tube, use some teflon or high temp fuel hose type material, if drained hot

Caution about the washers. You may need to combine metal and fiber for best and tight fit. I slowly increased torque until verified no leaks anywhere.

·
Registered
5,493 Posts
the only down fall on the easy drain system is you cannot use a magnetic drain plug..
some of that magnetic trash likes to settle in the bottom'
so if you have the magnetic drain plug as well as the mag dip stick you get more trash out of the oil...
unless you do a kidney style filter system..

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I kinda prefer the Drainzit drain hose for an absolutely no-mess oil drain. The hose has the "valve" as a bolt plug at the end of the hose. When draining is done, just lift it up and gravity will prevent any oil residue from escaping. Just secure the free end of the hose with a Velcro strap against the frame or enclosure.

With the Fumoto plus a hose, even with the valve closed, oil residue in the hose can continue to flow and potentially make a mess.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Since there is a small rubber lip and the small black rubber seal located below the oil drain plug - there is no real need to attach anything, it all drains clean into container below. Close QWIK valve and replace rubber seal. Done in a couple minutes without tools.

Note: There is no Fumoto valve ;)

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
the only down fall on the easy drain system is you cannot use a magnetic drain plug..
Sure, just use the one @pipe showed above that goes in the filler port. It looks like it does a good job capturing loose stuff, and what it misses should just go out the drain.

·
Registered
74 Posts
New gen setup, now fully broken in

Here is picture of EZ109 with ADL106 and 90 degree EZL001. This allows downdirected drain with a small tube inserted at bottom of the L. The ADL106 is installed first, tightened, then EZ109 and finally the EZL001
View attachment 12300
Where you have that spigot, I have a magnetic drain plug that works just fine and grabs metal even better than the plug. As a matter of fact, I have both,magnetic drain bolt and the one that goes on top. I as going to get the spigot but Honda setup for draining oil is pretty goof the way it is and IMHO, the magnetic drain bolt is far more important. Is either this or the M12 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B1PZFML...d_r=7ae45299-3265-41e1-a66e-c3225d6a2fd8&th=1

·
Registered
74 Posts
some of that magnetic trash likes to settle in the bottom'
so if you have the magnetic drain plug as well as the mag dip stick you get more trash out of the oil...
unless you do a kidney style filter system..
That is 100% correct. I prefer to mick up all that ferrous material at the bottom. The dipstick pick some but not all. I have this plus the magnetic dipstick. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B1PZFML...d_r=7ae45299-3265-41e1-a66e-c3225d6a2fd8&th=1

1 - 12 of 12 Posts