Power Equipment Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I have a 714 hour EU7000is. Generator is a great workhorse, and I take exceptional good care of this unit. Maintenance is by manufacturer's specifications, fuel is premium top tier, oil is 10w-30 synthetic. I usually run maintenance cycles at 90 hours, instead of the 100 on the book. I serviced the unit at 710 hours (spark plug, oil, new Honda filters, and cleaned the spark arrester). Out of nowhere, like 2 hours after maintenance, it started surging, shaking due to a drop in rpm's, and eventually turning off.

I let it rest for an hour or so, restarted the machine, operated fine for like 2 hours, and then did the same thing again. I rechecked all maintenance done to make sure all was good, and found nothing. Any ideas on what might be going on?

I am in PR, and due to the hurricane last week, I don't have power from the grid, so having this baby working correctly is of utmost importance.

Thanks!

·
Registered
926 Posts
Have you checked the valve clearances?
Other things to consider are a clogged fuel filter or a failing fuel pump. It could be that it is overheating...check for debris around engine and/or inverter.

I am assuming no errors show up when the self-diagnostic is run.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you checked the valve clearances?
Other things to consider are a clogged fuel filter or a failing fuel pump. It could be that it is overheating...check for debris around engine and/or inverter.

I am assuming no errors show up when the self-diagnostic is run.
Thanks for your response. Just replaced the high pressure fuel pump, o-rings and fuel filter (always have 1 of each in stock). Tank was exceptionally clean, no water on gas. Fuel used is Kirkland Premium, and that as station is on high grounds, so very low possibilities of water contaminated fuel, as a precaution I also use with my outboard engines, I always run the fuel through a water separator filter.

Has a clean start and smooth idle, after fuel pump replacement. Ran for 10 mins (no load), with no apparent issues. Air intake area is clear of debris as generator has Honda cover that fits snuggly when not in use. Let's see how it behaves tonight. Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Any chance the fuel was contaminated from rain/flooding during the storm?
Thanks for your response. Just replaced the high pressure fuel pump, o-rings and fuel filter (always have 1 of each in stock). Tank was exceptionally clean, no water on gas. Fuel used is Kirkland Premium, and that as station is on high grounds, so very low possibilities of water contaminated fuel, as a precaution I also use with my outboard engines, I always run the fuel through a water separator filter.

Has a clean start and smooth idle, after fuel pump replacement. Ran for 10 mins (no load), with no apparent issues. Air intake area is clear of debris as generator has Honda cover that fits snuggly when not in use. Let's see how it behaves tonight. Thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts