Power Equipment Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I hate to keep bothering you guys and I hope this will be the last information I need.
I need the torque specs for my 7hp generator engine. Specifically, the crankcase bolts and bolt that secures the generator coil to the engine shaft. I have looked and can't find the specs anywhere. All I know is the engine is a 7hp engine and had the logo of ETQ on the starter housing. It stands for Eastern Tool Equipment.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Well, I said I was hoping I wouldn't have to come back here again but I don't want to mess something up, so I am asking the experts: I got the new governor kit and along with the governor wheel, washer and plastic shaft cover was a new shaft with retaining ring installed on it. I can only assume that I am supposed to remove the old shaft and replace with the new one, however, I can't get the old shaft to come out. I have not broke out the TNT or plastic explosive YET but I did grab it with channel locks and it would not budge. I assume again, that it is pressure set into the crankcase. Once I get this little issue corrected I think things will be smooth sailing to get the generator up and running again.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Guys, we have lift-off! I finished reassembly of the generator this morning, hooked up all the wires I disconnected, put oil in the crankcase, turned the fuel **** on, moved choke to fully closed, turned the run switch on and pulled the starter rope about 4 times. It fired up and when the choke was moved to off it settled down and ran like it was new!!!!l
Thanks to everyone for your suggestions and help. I could not have done it without you.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts