Power Equipment Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping to someone can help identify this engine. It’s inside a North American Tools generator. Model # nag14900S. I recently purchased it used, but it didn’t have a owners/user manual. Tried contacting the company, but it appears to have recently closed.
Unfortunately there are no engine identification tags/decals. All I’ve been able to locate are some etched numbers on the mounting flange of the block. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pulled the front panel away from engine shroud & surprise, nothing denoting what make or model. I’ve done some investigating online & by the pics attached, it appears to be a match to LIFAN. Have never heard of it. Any help would be appreciated.
Update: I contacted Lifan USA & explained my issue of identifying this engine. He asked for pics & his reply was that it was NOT a Lifan engine, but a clone of it! Asked if he’s seen this before & his reply, “all the time”. Has no idea of the manufacturer, but assured me that Lifan parts will match any that I need. Forwarded a pdf parts list & owners manual that he said would be helpful.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts