Power Equipment Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a post on the DIY solar forum about a guy who bought two Delta Pro units and connected them to run his house using the double voltage hub. When he attempted to charge his units while they were still connected to the hub/house, he encountered a burning smell and the units wouldn't charge. My guess is the paralleled units can't phase match incoming waveforms, so if you want to recharge them while still powering you house, you need to swap to a generator, then swap back after they're recharged during an outage. They can recharge using DC/solar while still providing power, so that's good. I don't believe I read anyone having charging issues using single units, but when using in split-phase mode buyers will need to be aware of this limitation.

Since inverter generators can be paralleled by matching incoming waveforms, you would think these battery inverter units could do the same. I wonder if the problem is the house power...maybe he was using two 120V lines on the same leg?

·
Registered
832 Posts
Paralleling and negotiating timing for two power sources is one thing. Paralleling them to a third source (utility power) is a compound one. Utility power won't/can't negotiate the timing so it's up to the two EcoFlows to adjust to Line power.... if it's designed to do it in the first place through the Hub.

Side note: While I was researching on the Hub, this caught my eye.... see if you spot what's wrong with it. ;)
Font Circle Rectangle Brand Screenshot

·
Registered
4 Posts
I saw a post on the DIY solar forum about a guy who bought two Delta Pro units and connected them to run his house using the double voltage hub. When he attempted to charge his units while they were still connected to the hub/house, he encountered a burning smell and the units wouldn't charge. My guess is the paralleled units can't phase match incoming waveforms, so if you want to recharge them while still powering you house, you need to swap to a generator, then swap back after they're recharged during an outage. They can recharge using DC/solar while still providing power, so that's good. I don't believe I read anyone having charging issues using single units, but when using in split-phase mode buyers will need to be aware of this limitation.

Since inverter generators can be paralleled by matching incoming waveforms, you would think these battery inverter units could do the same. I wonder if the problem is the house power...maybe he was using two 120V lines on the same leg?
Ecoflow really made things simpler and easier. From using and recharging their power stations.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Other than reading 250V instead of 240V, it looks OK to me. The labels are indicating the voltage across the pins indicated by the lines. I'm assuming the grounds and neutrals are tied together.

·
Registered
832 Posts
I'm assuming the grounds and neutrals are tied together.
That's a big "if". Even so, the ground circuit shouldn't be carrying any current except in a fault condition. It's clearly a mis-label, or worse, an actual mis-wire.

It is backwards. This video has it correctly shown (see the 7:28 mark) or just the thumbnail...
There are lots of examples online of the mis-label. To be fair, these could just be the prototypes.

Grey Gadget Font Audio equipment Electronic device

1 - 10 of 10 Posts