Power Equipment Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a good one. My neighbor brought over this eager beaver 2.0 chainsaw it would start but at high end it would not smooth out. So after a carburetor overhaul, it was the coil that was breaking down at the high end so the coil got replaced with a used unit because new is more than the saw is worth. But now it runs like a champ but it does not want to shut off at the switch, I have checked all the connections and tested all the contact points were the switch makes contact but still will not shut it down any clues??? This switch that is in this unit is to simple.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Here is a good one. My neighbor brought over this eager beaver 2.0 chainsaw it would start but at high end it would not smooth out. So after a carburetor overhaul, it was the coil that was breaking down at the high end so the coil got replaced with a used unit because new is more than the saw is worth. But now it runs like a champ but it does not want to shut off at the switch, I have checked all the connections and tested all the contact points were the switch makes contact but still will not shut it down any clues??? This switch that is in this unit is to simple.
I have ran into this before..... purchase a can of "contact cleaner" from a local electronics store... soak the switch in it, turn on and off several times and let dry. Worked for me twice.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I have ran into this before..... purchase a can of "contact cleaner" from a local electronics store... soak the switch in it, turn on and off several times and let dry. Worked for me twice.
but make sure it is dry!! Also the kill wire from the switch good be loose and not grounding. Might not have a ground, not sure, never had mine apart.
Love my Eager Beaver! Bought it in '82 and still runs good!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts